Private Tour: Beitou Hot Springs and National Palace Museum in Taipei
Dip into the delights of Beitou on this private tour that includes time at its hot springs, admission to the National Palace Museum and lunch. Enjoy Beitou’s public baths, built during the Japanese Colonial period, and view an impressive art collection while touring the palace museum with your private guide. Choose a standard lunch in a Taiwanese food court or upgrade to a 9-course meal at the luxurious Silk Palace restaurant. Your full-day tour includes a flexible itinerary and round-trip transport from your Taipei hotel by private vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - National Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Beitou Hot Spring
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Start your full-day private tour with pickup at your Taipei hotel. Relax in the comfort of your private vehicle as you’re whisked away to Taipei’s most popular hot springs at Beitou.
Locals swear by the healing powers of the municipal public bath's sulfurous waters, where you can dip into scalding-hot pools, warm baths and cold plunges. Bonus: Soak up the lush, mountainous landscape of adjacent Yangmingshan National Park as you're relaxing in the water.
The outdoor baths, located at the outer edge of the city, were constructed in 1913 during the Japanese Colonial era, and you can learn all about the historical site inside the Beitou Hot Spring Museum. Accompanied by your guide, explore the elegant building that fuses Japanese and Victorian architectural styles to understand the cultural influences of Japanese onsen (hot spring baths) in Taiwan.
Choose from two options for lunch: eat a basic Taiwanese meal at a food court, or upgrade to dine in style at the National Palace Museum's Silk Palace restaurant. If you select the upgrade, revel in a feast of dishes inspired by the art on display in the museum (see the sample menu in Itinerary).
After lunch, your guide leads you back to Taipei to explore the National Palace Museum independently. If you like, a custom audio guide for adults and children (ages 10–14) is available to learn more about the impressive collection of paintings, rare books, ceramics, bronzes, jades and curios that spans some 8,000 years of Chinese history. See the museum’s own set of rock stars: the jadeite cabbage, the banded jasper (aka “meat-shaped stone”), and the Mao caldron. Take your time to peruse the exhibits, but keep in mind that with 650,000 items under one roof it could take a visitor years to discover the entire collection!
End your tour with return transport by private vehicle to your Taipei hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at your hotel in Taipei.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Custom English audio guides for adults and children available
- Swimwear is recommended for Beitou Hot Springs
- The water at Beitou Hot Springs is categorized as acidic. Please do not wear anything that can be damaged by acid
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.