Private Tour: Beijinger for a Day
Get an insider’s view of Beijing for a day as you explore old neighborhoods built around the city's ‘hutongs’ (narrow streets) with a professional English speaking private guide. Your tour starts with a private Tai Chi lesson from a famous Kung Fu master. Followed by a rickshaw ride experience around the old alleys and a panoramic view from the top of Beijing’s Drum Tower. Enjoy a yummy lunch in the home of a local family at Hutong Courtyard.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up
- Taxi or public transportation
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Tai Chi lesson with a professional Kongfu master
- Rickshaw ride experience through old Hutong alleys
- Lunch with drinks at a local Hutong coutyard home
- Entry/Admission - Bell and Drum Towers
What's excluded :
- Gratuities to tour guide and rickshaw driver(optional)
- Hotel drop off
- 7am in the morning, and meet your private guide in your hotel lobby. Take a taxi or subway to the Drum Tower, located among many preserved ancient buildings and courtyards in the oldest downtown part of Beijing.
After your Tai Chi master greets you at the Bell Tower&Drum Tower Square where your 1-hour Tai Chi lesson takes place, follow the relaxing movements of this Kung Fu master, who studied at the same Beijing martial arts school as the famous movie star Jet Lee. Learn the basic principles of this defensive system, also known as t'ai chi ch'uan, typified by its slow movements, postures and awareness of breath.
When your lesson ends, your guide accompanies you on a climb up the Drum Tower for a sweeping bird's-eye view of the entire old downtown region. Afterward, hop aboard a traditional rickshaw (a type of tricycle designed to carry passengers in addition to the driver) for a ride through old Hutong Alleys, and listen as your guide provides an informative introduction to area's history and local life. These narrow, winding alleyways — hidden between the city's main old streets — form the residential community of old Beijing.
When it’s time to eat, head to the home of a local Chinese family for a yummy home-cooked lunch. As you enjoy this local meal, you can hear stories of the past and experience daily life here during an authentic interaction.
After lunch, your guide will help you to get a taxi to your next destination or back to your hotel at your own expense.
Departure Point :Your Beijing hotel at downtown area
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.