Private Tour: Ancient Palace of Knossos, Heraklion Archaeological Museum and City Tour
Delve into ancient Minoan legends and Greek folklore on a private 4-hour tour of the Palace of Knossos and Heraklion Archaeological Museum. With your very own guide, wander through the impressive Minoan palace and its showstopper sites including the Central Court, Throne Room and Grand Staircase. Wander down the labyrinthine alleyways and learn about the famous myth of Theseus and the Minotaur, then delve into 5,000 years of ancient history with a guided tour of Heraklion Archaeological Museum and the city center. Entrance fees are not included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees for the Ancient Palace of Knossos and Archaeological Museum of Heraklion (16 euros per adult, 8 euros per child)
- Greet your driver at your Crete hotel, and then hop inside your private minivan and travel to the Minoan Palace of Knossos, one of the island’s premier historical attractions. The original site is believed to have been constructed around 1900 BC, but following an earthquake it was rebuilt on a grand scale, with lavish royal quarters and elaborate shrines, treasuries and storerooms added around the Central Court.
After meeting your private guide at Heraklion town, pay your entrance fee and head inside the palace to explore the reconstructed site that was excavated by British archaeologist Sir Arthur Evans in the 20th century. As you wander, listen to tales and trivia about what life may have been like at the palace during the Minoan era — a Bronze Age civilization that made Knossos its capital.
Explore the landmark’s main sites such as the Throne Room and stroll through the Theatral Area and the Central Court. Snap photos of the Grand Staircase and wander down the corridors and labyrinth-like alleys as you hear ancient legends and Greek folklore, including the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur.
After around 1.5 hours, perhaps enjoy a brief break for refreshments (own expense) before carrying on to the Heraklion Archaeological Museum, which houses an unrivaled collection of Minoan art and culture in the entire world. Pay your entrance fee, and then head inside with your guide. In around an hour, travel through more than 5,000 years of history, and see the museum’s most important artifacts, including collections of jewelry, goldwork and seal engraving.
Your tour continues with a 45-minute walk around the city of Heraklion where you will learn the history behind it famous monuments, such as the Koules Fortress, the lion's fountains and St Tito's Cathedral.
When the time comes, return to your private vehicle and relax on the journey back to your hotel.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Please contact the local service provider to verify your preferred pickup time before travel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- The itinerary is subject to favorable weather conditions or low number of participants on the day of the tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.