Private Tour - An adventure in The World of Tea, Iruma
Use your five senses to enjoy Iruma's delicious tea!
Sayama tea, produced in Saitama Prefecture, is one of the three famous teas of Japan, and is characterized by its richness in taste and deep bitterness. Be prepared to use your five senses to fully enjoy sayama tea on this tour! First of all, you will be taken to see the green carpet of the largest tea plantation in the Kanto region of Japan. Then you will head to the tea museum where you can see, touch and smell tea, and also learn about the history of tea, how sayama tea is made, and what makes it unique. You will not miss out on anything with the help of your personal translator; your otomo tour guide! Finally, taste the tea. Tasting tea flavored food is just as fun as drinking tea!
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Private tour
- Necessary expenses for the tour guide
What's excluded :
- Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
- Money for food/drinks, souvenirs and extra activities for your own
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- The use of private van
- Entry/Admission - Iruma City Museum Alit
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irumachagyo Park, Araku, Iruma, Saitama 358-0031, Japan
・Iruma Chagyo Park: Enjoy the great view of vast fields of tea spreding out before your eyes. This tea plantation is the biggest in the Kanto region.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: レストラン＆Cafe お茶っこサロン一煎, 100 Nihongi, Iruma, Saitama 358-0015, Japan
・Ochakko Salon Issen: Taste the tea leaves both in the form of tea and in the form of food!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Iruma City Museum Alit, 100, Nihongi, Iruma Saitama Prefecture
Get right down to the bottom of the deep and interesting world history of tea!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: 茶蔵, Japan, 〒358-0003 Saitama, Iruma, Toyooka, 1-chōme−12−２０ 増田園本店 ２階
・Ocha Cafe Sakura: Taste sayama tea in this fancy cafe decorated with antiques. Try western tea mixed with the sayama tea leaves as well!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Tokorozawa Station, 1 Hiyoshicho, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-1123, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please come in comfortable clothing, as this tour involves a lot of walking. There will be a 30 minute walk between the first and second locations.
- You will be taking a bus with your otomo tour guide from the meeting place to the first location.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc. - at least about JPY 2000)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.