Private Tour: Amalfi Coast to Capri Cruise
Explore the Amalfi Coast and Capri on a private full-day cruise, the most scenic way to experience these stunning parts of southern Italy. Aboard an elegant speedboat or classic Italian wooden boat (your choice), let your private captain take you from Positano along the Amalfi Coast toward Capri. Marvel at the Faraglioni rock formations and the Li Galli private islands and nature reserve, stopping en route to swim. Cross the Bay of Naples to the Island of Capri, where you can also choose to have time on the island if you wish.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer and bottle of Prosecco available
- Snacks - Note: Not available on Open Deck Boat
- Use of snorkeling masks
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (An optional stop with many small local restaurants accessible by boat long the way)
- Blue Grotto entrance fee of €14 per person (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Spiaggia Grande, Positano Italy
Start your day by meeting your boat and captain at Positano's large cement pier just next to the Spiagga Grande beach.
Pass By: Exclusive Cruises, 84010, Amalfi Italy
Exclusive Cruises will be your hosts for the day for a private 6-hour boat excursion exploring the Amalfi Coast and captivating island of Capri. This is a private boat tour that can be fully customized to your interests. Below is only a suggested itinerary with a selection of highlights from the day that you can experience. Note: Sights are marked "Pass By" simply because you can decide to spend as much or as little time as you would like. Exclusive Cruises will help you plan a relaxed tour custom fit to your travel desires. Here are some highlights of the experience and sights you will enjoy:
- Excursion departs from Positano where you will board your choice of speedboat, yachts, or even a classic Italian wooden boat, called a gozzo. Pick the right size and style for your group when you book. Board your private vessel at the pier and relax as your expert captain takes you along the breathtaking Amalfi Coast.
- Enjoy views of the coast's highlights, such as the beautiful private islands and natural reserve of Li Galli, offering a beautiful panorama of Positano and Capri.
- If you wish, you can stop at small hidden coves or beaches along the way to take a dip.
- Then cross the Bay of Naples to Capri, stopping to swim in various coves and lagoons, check out the rock formations and learn a bit about the island.
- Snap photos of the famous Faraglioni rock formations — you'll even pass right through an arched one!
- View the Villa Malaparte, the Punta Carena lighthouse and Marina Piccola, a famous docking spot for luxury yachts.
- You’ll also see the dazzling Blue Grotto, once the private bath house of Roman Emperor Tiberius; the Green Grotto, where you can swim under a natural arc; and the White Grotto, a natural rock formation in the shape of the Virgin Mary. Hop off to visit the Blue Grotto if you wish (own expense).
- Finally, dock at Marina Grande for free time on the beautiful Island of Capri if you wish. Have lunch and people-watch at a sidewalk café, shop for lemon soaps in town and then do some sightseeing. Walk through the gardens of Villa San Michele, learn about Tiberius at Villa Jovis, take in the views from Mt Solaro, have a drink at chic Hotel Quisisana or visit the terraced Gardens of Augustus. Your captain will give you recommendations and directions, or can call you a taxi if you wish.
- After your time on Capri, board the boat and make your return journey along the coast, arriving back in Positano in the evening.
Pass By: Fiordo di Furore, Via Anna Magnani 1, 84010, Furore Italy
Catch a glimpse of the bridge over this beautiful fjord or stop here for a closer look.
Pass By: Li Galli, Amalfi Italy
Cruise through this archipelago located off the coastline not far from Positano. You can choose to stop for a swim in this scenic spot if you wish.
Pass By: Marina del Cantone, 80061, Massa Lubrense Italy
Spot the seaside village of Marina del Cantone in Nerano as you cruise along the Amalfi Coast toward Capri.
Pass By: Baia di Ieranto, Massa Lubrense Italy
Located near the tip of the Amalfi Coast, this secluded and rugged coastal area is a protected marine area and beautiful spot to swim.
Pass By: I Faraglioni, End of Via Tragara, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
These three large rocks are an iconic symbol of Capri. Cruising through the hole in the center rock is a thrilling experience!
Pass By: Via Marina Piccola, 80073, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
See this picturesque harbor dotted with seaside restaurants and beach clubs.
Pass By: Green Grotta, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
One of the many gorgeous grottoes on Capri where you can stop and swim in the deep green colored water.
Pass By: White Grotta, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
Gaze up at this gorgeous grotto and enjoy the breathtaking views of the natural landscape of Capri.
Pass By: Blue Grotto, Via Grotta Azzurra, 80071 Anacapri, Island of Capri Italy
The most famous grotto on Capri, you can choose to stop here to visit inside the Blue Grotto to see the shimmering electric blue water. (Visiting the grotto is optional and the entrance fee is not included in this excursion.)
Pass By: Villa Malaparte, Giro dell'Arco Naturale, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
A fine example of Italian modern architecture, you won't want to miss spotting this red colored villa sitting atop a rocky promontory on Capri.
Pass By: Grotta di Matromania, Giro del'Arco Naturale, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
Gaze up at this striking grotto from the boat, which is the best spot to see this soaring grotto.
Pass By: Red Grotta, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
Gaze over the edge of the boat and catch sight of the coral growing below the water's surface, which is what gave this grotto its name.
Pass By: Punta Carena Lighthouse, Street Faro di Carena, 80071 Anacapri, Island of Capri Italy
Cruise past the beautiful pink and white lighthouse located at the rugged southwestern tip of the island.
Departure Point :Positano ferry station, 84017 Positano, SA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact the representative listed on your voucher the day before your excursion via phone call, text/ WhatsApp message. This is very important!
- At time of booking, please provide hotel or accommodation name (if applicable) and 2 contact numbers. We will be in touch with you the day before the excursion for any final details or questions.
- Cruise ship passengers MUST include the following information: ship name, docking time, and re-boarding time.
- NOTE: Our experienced captains monitor sea conditions continuously and are solely responsible for deeming them acceptable or not. If necessary, routes or itineraries can be changed by the captain at any time.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The boat tour will be refundable only if on the scheduled day the weather is deemed “unsafe” by the boat captain, in which case the provider will offer to either re-schedule or to honor a full refund. If the captain says that the weather and sea conditions are safe to go out, the boat tour is considered firm and non-refundable.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All skippers and crew have been trained on essential COVID-19 protection and safety measures. Our boats are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before every guest arrives and throughout the day. A private boat excursion is the best way to tour the area with only your group and the skipper on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.