Private Tour Alentejo, Evora, Monsaraz, Mourão-Medieval Times Lunch&Wine Tasting
This private tour day trip from Lisbon takes you to the Evora, Monsaraz and Mourão in the Alentejo region of Portugal and affords a rewarding 9 hours. Monsaraz has been inhabited since prehistoric times as the Celts, Romans, Visigoths and Moors each took full advantage of the hill's defensive potential. Regained from the Moors in 1167, the town was handed over to the Knights Templar before King Dinis added the castle and fortified walls in the 14th century. Visit a number of interesting prehistoric sites existing in Evora, Monsaraz and Mourão. With its trademark gastronomy and amazing wine Monsaraz. Evora is a delightful Portuguese town that was originally founded by the Romans, later fortified by the Moors and flourished during the 15th century. Mourão is proud of its monuments and traditions, like its Castle and the baroque Mother Church of Nossa Senhora das Candeias (17th and 18th centuries). Private tour also includes pick-up (8:30am)/drop-off (6:00pm), wine tasting and lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Van with air conditioner, gas and tolls
- Insurances and taxes
- Private tour
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Capela dos Ossos
- Entry/Admission - Monsaraz Castle and Walls
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monsaraz, Monsaraz, Evora District, Alentejo
Monsaraz, the graceful medieval village of Monsaraz, maintains the magic from ancient times like few others in the world. Made of lime and schist, this place whispers us, between the echo of our footsteps in its streets. A lot of magnificent stories could be told about its courageous kings, Knights Templar, brave people and dames of simple beauty.
Suspended in time, the historic village, one of the oldest in Portugal, is a mandatory destination to add to your list of places to visit in Alentejo. Especially after, in 2017, it won the category “Monument Villages” in the competition 7 Maravilhas de Portugal – Aldeias (7 wonders of Portugal – Villages).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mourao, Mourao, Evora District, Alentejo
Mourão is a lovely village situated in the vast Alentejo’s region, on the left bank of the wide Guadiana river, nearby the border with Spain, in a place of great natural beauty, where peace of mind is the rule.
Mourão has always been marked by the Guadiana river, that has much contributed for the surrounding fertile soils where olive and almond trees grow, among other pleasant trees that characterize the lovely landscape.
Mourão is proud of its monuments and traditions, like its Castle and the baroque Mother Church of Nossa Senhora das Candeias (17th and 18th centuries), and the many green areas around in the region, like the Mata de São Bento.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Evora, Evora, Evora District, Alentejo
Evora is a delightful Portuguese town that was originally founded by the Romans, later fortified by the Moors and flourished during the 15th century. This extensive history has provided Evora with a variety of interesting tourist attractions and historical monuments. This guide will detail the main tourist sights and attractions of Evora.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Capela dos Ossos, Praca 1 de Maio, Evora 7000-650 Portugal
The Capela dos Ossos (Chapel of Bones) is a fascinating chapel with a very macabre atmosphere. Ranking as one of Evora’s most visited sites, this eerie tourist attraction is not for the faint hearted. This small, unassuming chapel is actually home to the final resting place of hundreds of bodies; all exhumed from the city’s graveyards in the 16th Century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Monsaraz Castle and Walls, Largo do Castelo, Monsaraz 7200-175 Portugal
Monsaraz Castle is a unique touristic spot in Portugal. It is one of the most splendid places to look at the wonderful Alqueva Dam. This is the largest artificial lake in Europe and one of the greatest Portuguese constructions of the century. Slowly walk towards the village centre. At Largo D. Nuno Álvares Pereira (square), enter the stunning Igreja Matriz de Nossa Senhora da Lagoa (church). This religious monument was built with schist in the 16th century on the ruins of a gothic church, destroyed due to the black plague. Constructed in the Renaissance style, it has a beautiful pediment, decorated by a tile panel and an Order of Christ Cross.
In the interior, carefully study the tomb of Gomes Martins Silvestre, a Knight Templar, first Alcaide (Mayor) of Monsaraz. This tomb is made of marble from Estremoz. It has seventeen sculpted figures on the front representing a funeral procession.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a Private Tour please inform your Hotel / Port / Apartment Address for Pick-up and Drop Off in Lisbon region / Cascais / Sintra.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Coronavirus Safety Measures - The safety and well-being of everyone who uses our services are always our priority. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking steps to help keep our customers safe.
- We’re certified by the Official Tourism entity ‘Turismo de Portugal’ with the hygiene certification stamp ‘Clean & Safe’.
- For our safety, we operate only private tour and pick-up/drop-off all passengers. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizer and masks to our customers.
- Our guides are experienced professionals, courteous and drive defensive and safety with only one objective to ensure your safety and satisfaction.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We're certified by the Official Tourism entity 'Turismo de Portugal' with the hygiene certification stamp 'Clean&Safe'. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizers and masks to our customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.