Private Tour: 12 DAYS SUMATRA OVERLAND TOUR
We assist you to most wonderful places on Sumatra like Lake Toba the largest crater lake in Southeast Asia, Brastagi the Karo highland with two active volcanoes, Bukit Lawang the Orangutan sanctuary in National Park of Gunung Leuser until to the impressive West Sumatra like Bukittinggi the Minangkabau highland – Harau nature reserve, famous for its huge rock formations.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation in comfortable air conditioned Deluxe car incl. fuel as per itinerary
- 11 overnights accommodation in above hotels mentioned based on TWN/DBL/TRIPLE room
- Daily breakfast
- Private tour
- Driver, his meals and accommodation costs
- English speaking tour guide
- 6 hours jungle trekking in Gunung Leuser national park with professional local guide incl. lunch
- Permit to Gunung Leuser national park
- Ferry cost Parapat – Samosir island vice versa
- Daily Mineral water
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as: Lunch & Dinner, soft drinks, snacks, souvenirs, laundry, minibar, telephone, etc.
- Air tickets & airport tax
- Donations and tipping driver/tour guide : Euro 9.00 – Euro 10.00 / day or depends on satisfaction
- Hotel surcharge on public holiday (if any)
- Any optional program
- DAY 01: KUALA NAMU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – MEDAN – CITY TOUR / Hotel Santika Dyandra or Deli River Resort
DAY 02: MEDAN – BUKIT LAWANG in GUNUNG LEUSER NATIONAL PARK (B) / Ecolodge Bukit Lawang Cottages or similar
DAY 03: BUKIT LAWANG – JUNGLE TREKKING @GUNUNG LEUSER NATIONAL PARK TO SEE WILDLIFE incl. Lunch (B,L)
Start for a 6 hours jungle trekking in Gunung Leuser NP to see the wildlife. This involves a walk through the jungle to explore the park. In this tropical primary rainforest, you can see the varieties of birds, butterflies, siamang (long arm apes), different kinds of reptiles.
DAY 04: BUKIT LAWANG – BRASTAGI HIGHLAND (B) / Hotel Mikie Holiday Resort or Sinabung Hill Resort in Brastagi
DAY 05: BRASTAGI – LAKE TOBA – SAMOSIR ISLAND (B) / Tabo Cottages or Samosir Cottages on Samosir island
Drive to Lake Toba via mountain resort with it’s refreshing weather and magnificent scenery - Sipiso Piso waterfall to see the magnificent 110m - King’s Palace of Batak Simalungun. In Parapat, you cross over the lake about 45 minutes to Samosir island.
DAY 06: SAMOSIR ISLAND – EXCURSION (B)
It’s time to explore this magnificent island by visiting Tomok Village to see the ancient tomb - Ambarita village to see the famous stone chairs & execution place - Simanindo to enjoy the Bataks traditional ritual dances of the Bataks Tribe.
DAY 07: SAMOSIR ISLAND – PARAPAT – PADANG SIDEMPUAN (B) / Hotel Mega Permata
DAY 08: PADANG SIDEMPUAN – SIHEPENG - RIMBA PANTI - BONJOL EQUATOR - BUKITTINGGI MINANGKABAU HIGH LAND (B) / Padi EcoLodge or Grand Royal Denai in Bukittinggi
DAY 09: BUKITTINGGI – KOTO GADANG - MANINJAU LAKE EXCURSIONS - BACK TO BUKITTINGGI (B)
You drive to Maninjau, stop at Koto Gadang village to see traditional silver work - to the mysterious lake Maninjau, descending to the lake via the road with 44 curves. Back to Bukittinggi.
DAY 10: BUKITTINGGI – MINANGKABAU EXCURSIONS – HARAU (B) / 5 hours drive
Today Bukittinggi City Tour by visiting Sianok Canyon (karbouwengat) - Fort De Kock - the Museum - Pasar Atas (Upper Market). Then leaving for the ancient Minangkabau Royal Palace in Pagaruyung - Pandai Sikek Village, famous for its weaving & woodcarving crafts - Payakumbuh - Harau nature reserve, famous for its huge rock formations, delightful butterflies, rice field terrace, traditional village. 1 night stay
Abdi Homestay (simple lodge) in Harau
DAY 11: HARAU – PADANG (B) / Hotel Pangeran Beach or Grand Zuri in Padang
Free program in Harau. You can do a jungle trekking in Harau surrounding (optional at your personal account). Drive to Padang via the beautiful Anai valley & waterfall.
DAY 12: PADANG – TRANSFER TO AIRPORT (B)
Departure Point :Kuala Namu International Airport in Medan
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.