Private tour : Kowloon Walled City: past & present
You will travel with your private tour guide to Kowloon Walled City Park by MTR. The park hides a fabulous history as the site used to be home to one of the biggest independently administered Shanty town.
This walking tour will enable us to discuss Hong Kong’s history, from the opium wars to the Handover but also the various migrations that took place in the 20th century.
Your private tour guide will go through the many reasons why the area was converted into a Chinese garden and the codes that are now in place to make it a peaceful place.
We will finish the tour by taking you to ‘Little Thailand’, near the old airport of Kai Tak, where you will be able to enjoy lunch or to Mongkok.
per adult from
What's included :
- Public transportation
- Entry/Admission - Kowloon Walled City Park
- Entry/Admission - Kowloon Bay
What's excluded :
- taxi rides
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kowloon Walled City Park, Tung Tau Tsuen, Kowloon, Hong Kong China
We introduce the district to the travellers.
Then we visit a temple and talk about the early years of HK colony.
We walk through Kowloon Walled City Park and explain the history of the Walled City and its change into a park.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kowloon Bay, Northwest of Kwun Tong District, Kowloon, Hong Kong China
We spend some time into Little Thailand.
Option to finish with a thai lunch or toend at Mongkok MTR station.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Central, Hong Kong
Traveler pickup is offered
We can meet in Central, at the guests' hotel (if suitably located) or at Lok Fu MTR station. We will discuss the best arrangement with the travellers.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Mong Kok Station, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.