Private Taipei Food Experience: Ningxia Night Market
Experience Taipei's infamous night food market Ningxia with a Local Host.This exciting local market has a neighbourhood feel to it, and although you’ll find the usual bright lights and gaming stalls on the outskirts, it’s the food that locals come here for! Eat your way around the market with a Local Host on a totally personalised experience. Discover the city’s street food specialities and Taiwanese delicacies like oyster omelette and fried taro balls - you’ll soon see why it’s one of the most popular night markets in the city with the locals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- 6 - 8 tastings of different street foods
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- What You'll Do
Discover Ningxia, one of Taipei's tastiest and most authentic night markets with a Local Host! This market is a paradise for foodies and the number one market to visit around Chinese New Year.
Get lost in the maze of stalls and bright lights, soaking up the local Taipei neighbourhood atmosphere and delicious aromas as you try to decide what to eat! Taste the street food dishes that this market is famous for like oyster omelette and sesame chicken. Try other traditional staples that the locals love too, like noodles fried over blazing flames. Your Local Host will help you out with choosing what to have and recommend the best stalls to try each dish.
Get tips and tricks from your Local Host about other areas to explore in the city during the rest of your stay, so you can continue to eat and drink like a local!
What To Expect
* Visit Ningxia Night Market with a Local Host and discover some of the city’s best street food
* Taste the speciality dishes that this market in particular is know for, as well as sampling the staple street foods that are enjoyed in markets across the city
* Take in the explosion of sights, aromas and flavours as you explore the market with your Local Host
* Discover new flavours and unusual ingredients - your Local Host will recommend delicacies you may not have tried before
* Get tips and tricks for other night markets in the city to visit
Departure Point :Taipei, Taiwan
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/8/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host.
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.