Private Surf Lesson on the Big Island
Do as the Hawaiians do by learning how to surf! Whether you’re a total novice or have some past experience, this private surf lesson in Kona provides one-on-one instruction on how to tackle Hawaii’s famous waves, whether big or small. Head into Kahalu'u Bay to practice your newfound skills on some of the Big Island's best beginner waves! A knowledgeable surfing instructor will be with you, telling you when to paddle and when to pop up.
per adult from
What's included :
- Soft-top Surfboard
- Reef Shoes
- Long-sleeve SPF Rashguard
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Meet your private surfing instructor at a surf shop near Kahalu'u Bay, and begin your 2-hour surf lesson by picking out your surfboard. You’ll also be fitted with reef booties and a rash guard to protect your skin.
Then walk to the beach, where — if you are a beginner — you’ll stay on the sand to learn the basics before entering the water. Following your instructor’s directions, practice the proper techniques for paddling and popping up on your board. Before heading into the ocean, listen carefully to the explanation of surfing etiquette and how to wipe out safely.
When you’re ready, fasten your ankle strap and hop on your board, paddling out from the beach. Your instructor will be with you in the water, telling you when to paddle and when to pop up — and making sure you don’t go anywhere near the bigger waves unless you're more experienced.
If you need it, you’ll be given a little push from the back of your board to help you catch as many waves as you can! If you have experience surfing, your instructor can provide advice on how to read waves, how to turn and how to catch larger waves.
With each lesson tailored to your skill level, it’s a perfect way to hang loose in Hawaii!
Departure Point :Kahaluu Bay, Kahaluu-Keauhou, HI 96740, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.