Private Sunset Tour at Great Wall Jinshanling,Simatai and Gubei Water Town
Get away from the hustle and bustle of Beijing for the day on this tour, visiting the ‘Water Town’ of Gubei and explore the exquisitely preserved Jinshanling and Simatai sections as you hike amid spectacular scenery. See colossal towers and ancient structures dating back to the Ming dynasty and revitalize with delicious Chinese meals throughout your adventure. Enjoy the stunning view of sunset on top. Relax over home-cooked dumpling meals at a local farmer’s house.
Capture timeless photos in scenic Gubei Water Town
Take pictures of sunset on Great Wall Jinshanling
Dumpling cooking dinner in a local farmer’s house
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transfer and English speaking guide service
- Dumpling cooking dinner
- Sightseeing tours with entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Gubei Water Town
- Entry/Admission - Simatai Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Jinshanling Great Wall
What's excluded :
- Tips for driver and guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gubei Water Town, Simatai villege, Gubeikou town, Beijing China
Meet your expert guide at your hotel at 8 am and travel through the bustling streets by private, climate-controlled vehicle toward the Gube Water Town and the Great Wall (3 hrs).
The water town, surrounds the beautiful Mandarin Duck Lake Reservoir, is built on the former 5 sub natural villages of Simatai Village at the foot of Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai village was developed from Simatai Castle built during the reign of Emperor Wanli ( 1573 -1620 ) in Ming Dynasty ( 1368 – 1644 ).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Simatai Great Wall, Gubeikou Town, Beijing 101508 China
The Simatai Great Wall stretches 5.4 km from Wangjinglou (Tower for Viewing the Capital) in the east and connects Jinshanling Great Wall in the west. Originally built in the North Qi Dynasty (550-577), it incorporates a variety of styles of other parts of the China Wall, but also display some unique features. East and West section of Simatai Great Wall are divided by a lake, which is fed by two springs. Even in winter time the lake never ice up. Both sections are linked up by a suspension bridge.
The hills in the west are sloping gently with well-maintained towers, and the Wall is winding on the hills like a golden dragon with majestic vigor. Due to safety concern, only the eastern watch towers 2 to 10 are opened to public presently.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jinshanling Great Wall, Chengde Shi, Luanping County 068250 China
In the late afternoon we continue to drive to Jinshanling Great Wall (30 mins). Catch scenic views of watchtowers snaking along the mountain. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers here. Some have two stories, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded, and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. Your expert guide will show you to the best section to enjoy the most beautiful Sunset view, the best places for photographers to take Great Wall photos.
After the sunset head to a local farmer's restaurant. Meet and chat with the farmers with a home-cooked Chinese meal. You will have a chance to experience making Chinese dumplings as part of your dinner.
End your tour with a drop-off at your hotel in Beijing.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will be waiting for you in your hotel lobbyat 08:00 am
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.