Private SUNSET Haleakala Downhill Bike Tour - Rated #1 on TripAdvisor since 2010
- This is a PRIVATE TOUR regardless of how many people are in your group.
- This is easy and safe, you can do it!
- This tour is by far a superior alternative to the crowded and over-rated sunrise bike tours.
- No exercise required, let gravity do all of the work for you
- With this being a private tour we offer the most intimate experience with a personal touch that cannot be found on any other bike tour offered on Maui.
- The only tour of its kind, nobody else offers a sunset tour.
- Every single tour is safely guided by the company owner.
- We use the safest bikes possible, easy to use, low center of gravity cruiser bikes that are custom built in the USA, not typical mountain bikes made on an assembly line in China.
- All of our bikes are equipped with huge, 13 inch comfortable padded seats with a spring for each cheek.
- All of our bikes are equipped with safe and easy to use drum brakes, quite the opposite of the disc brakes the other bike tours make you use.
per adult from
What's included :
- All necessary equipment to complete this bike tour including but not limited to: Custom built bikes, your choice of full face or traditional half-shell bicycle helmets, jackets, pants, gloves, etc..
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Optional shopping at Kula Marketplace
- Optional shopping in the town of Paia
- Optional shopping in the town of Makawao
What's excluded :
- Early wake up call for an over-rate sunrise tour is excluded.
- Lack of sleep is excluded, you will not have to wake up at 2am on your vacation for this tour.
- You will not be herded around on this tour. This tour has a personal touch that you will love!
- Large crowds are excluded, this is a private tour.
- Bad Weather! If the weather is going to be bad we will cancel the tour and offer you a full refund.
- We do not go inside the National Park, we focus on what’s best for the tour, not what “sounds” best.
ALL TOURS ARE PRIVATE, never before offered until now, the most original bike tour available in all of Hawaii.
If you want the tour that millions of visitors have been herded on, this is not the tour for you, if you’re looking for an original experience, a tour that nobody else has ever experienced...this is the tour for you.
Watch the “SUNSET” on Haleakala, high above the tree line and bike the volcano at the same time. The BEST bike ride/sunset combo of your LIFE.
This tour is for the smart traveler, who refuses to be herded with the masses, the adventure minded traveler that thinks outside the box.
Skip the freezing cold, over-rated sunrise, skip the lame crowded bike tour groups of 13-25, do this and actually get what you pay for. You will be the only bikers on Haleakala, as we are the only company that offers this amazing experience.
For the visitor who realizes that an early wake-up call, cold elements, high altitude, massive crowds and heavy traffic are not what they are looking for in a bike tour.
After the biking, and after the sunrise we can dine at a restaurant in the town of Paia.
Hang out with a local and feel what it’s like to be a local on this tour.
• Haleakala Highway (Crater Road), Rte. 37, Maui, HI
• Lower Paia Park, Hana Highway, Paia, Maui, HI 96779
• Holy Rosary Church, 954 Baldwin Ave, Paia, Maui, HI 96779-9605
• Makawao Union Church, 1445 Baldwin Ave, Makawao, Maui, HI 96768-9766
• Makawao, Makawao, Maui, Hawaii
• Paia, Paia, Maui, Hawaii
• Kula Marketplace, 15200 Haleakala Hwy, Kula, Maui, HI 96790-8007
Departure Point :Lower Pāʻia Park, 19 Hana Hwy, Paia, HI 96779, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/13/2019 - 11/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- All bike riders must be at least 4’10 in height and weigh under 300lbs.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.