Private Sistine Chapel Tour with other Vatican Must-See Sites as St Peter Church
This three hour guided tour in the company of an expert guide, allows you to see the best of the Vatican City. With pre-booked tickets you won’t waste time in queues before beginning your visit to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter’s Basilica, to name but a few. As you take in the sights of the world’s smallest country, you’ll hear from your guide about the history of these renowned places and learn about some of the many masterpieces housed in the Vatican.
Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
per adult from
What's included :
- skip the line tickets
- private guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
This is one of the most comprehensive tours of the Vatican highlights and we ensure you won’t miss any of the “must-see” treasures that make this such a special place. You meet with your guide at the entrance to the Museums and with privileged access by-pass the queues and head inside.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The highlight of any tour is of course the famous Sistine Chapel, Italy’s most visited site. Your guide will tell you all about Michelangelo’s frescoes, The Last Judgment, the Creation of Adam and the Genesis as well as details of the Stories of Moses and Jesus painted by Botticelli, Perugino and other famous Renaissance masters. Still in use today, the Sistine Chapel is where the conclave takes place to elect a new Pope. Listen to anecdotes and some well-kept secrets about this amazing place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Following the chapel, the tour will progress to the imposing Saint Peter’s Basilica where you’ll see Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini’s Baldacchino amongst other works of art celebrating the lives of Popes and Saints.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your guide will then take you to Saint Peter’s Square to see Bernini’s famous statues and the balcony where you see the white smoke that tells of a newly elected Pope. A final few curious facts and anecdotes and your guide will leave you to take a stroll around this magnificent square. A perfect end to a tour of the Vatican!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Vatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.