Private: Sigiriya Village Trek from Sigiriya
Join this 2 hour tour for lifetime opportunity to be emerged in the nature and culture of real Sri Lanka Village. Your Guide cum driver will pick up from centrally located Sigiriya hotel & drive by a Safari jeep to Ehelegala village, a beautiful rural area in Sigiriya city. Tour start with a Bullock cart ride near to the village pond & at there you will experience a Canoe boat ride to the next side of the rural village. After short walk within the paddy fields & vegetable cultivation you can reach village house. At village house you can experience how villagers are cooking, farming & some of their daily life activities. At the village house you can relax & taste a delicious Sri Lankan Lunch or Snack. After finish tour you will be take back to tour starting point by a Tuk tuk. Then head back to your hotel in Sigiriya by a safari jeep.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by a Safari jeep (Sigiriya area Hotels only)
- Local driver cum guide
- Lunch or Snack at village house (As you chosen)
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Complete package includes a Free pickup and drop off to Sigiriya city area hotels, Bullock cart ride, Canoe boat Ride, Visit a Village House, See a local Vegetable garden, have a local lunch or Snack and Take a Tuk-Tuk Ride.
Bullock Cart Ride
Usually this 2 hour trek begins with a Bullock Cart Ride to Ehelagala through unbeaten village tracks. There are 2 Bulls dragging the cart and ride last long from 15 mins to 30 mins. Rides ends near the Ehelegala Lake where you get off from the cart and join for canoe boat ride
Canoe Boat ride.
Canoe Boat Ride takes place on the Ehelegala lake. You will cruise admiring the amazing views besides the lake which is also overlooking the Sigiriya and pidurangala rocks. If you are interested in, you can also join with the Boatman and help out rowing the boat. He might surprise you with his craftsmanship and creativity, hat for the gentleman and a beautiful necklace for the ladies. At the end of the Tour Boat will dock by the small village on the other side of the shore.
Village House & Lunch
You can observe a traditional daily live of a real village house. Should not miss a visit to the paddy field, See a garden where endemic vegetable grown. Climb the tree house next to the paddy field where farmers sleeps at night and try to keep animals away from the paddy. You can enjoy a simple traditional meal prepared by a village woman the using the Farmer’s hand-picked vegetables from the plot. If time permits you can also see how a village woman cook a traditional meal or a roti. After lunch there will be small presentation of how to make a roof out of coconut leaves and how to use kulla and mirisgala to separate rice seeds from the husks and straw.
Tuk tuk Ride
At the end of the village tour you will be taking a Tuk-Tuk ride to tour starting point. Then you will be drop off to your hotel in Sigiriya city area by a safari jeep.
Departure Point :Centrally located Sigiriya hotels
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children & infant must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to rugged surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- For pickup & drop-off from Other area hotels can arrange by an additional fee. Please call the service provider in advance.
- For Same day and next day booking please contact the service provider by Call, Sms, Viber or WhatsApp to service provider.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.