Private Sightseeing Tour of Chongqing City Including Hot Pot Lunch
Enjoy seeing the giant pandas at Chongqing Zoo early in the day when they are most active. Stroll around the gardens of Erling Park and watch activities of local people who congregate here in the mornings. Get a full perspective of the Three Gorges at Three Gorges Museum then enjoy local specialty cuisine of Chongqing Hot Pot. Finally, end your day at the vast Jiefangbei Shopping Square.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Chinese lunch is served at a local restaurant
- A professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Bottled water
- Admission tickets of the spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Chongqing Zoo (Chongqing Dongwuyuan)
- Entry/Admission - E'ling Park
- Entry/Admission - Three Gorges Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommend)
- Children's admission ticket
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chongqing Zoo (Chongqing Dongwuyuan), No.25 Xijiao Road, Jiulongpo District, Chongqing 400050 China
Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your downtown hotel or your Yangtze River cruise boat terminal at 8:30am to commence your Chongqing city tour by air-conditioned private car. Your first stop today is at the vast Chongqing Zoo located just 5 miles (8 kms) from the city center. First opened in 1953, the zoo has undergone many upgrades over the years and now covers an area of over 110 acres. In 1989, the Panda House was built, providing these rare animals a more natural environment to live in. The Panda House will be a highlight of your zoo visit, but there are over 240 species of birds, fish, and other animals to see.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: E'ling Park, No.176 Eling Centre Street, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400014 China
From Chongqing Zoo, travel to Erling Park located on Erling Mountain at the western side of Chongqing, which is one of the oldest private gardens in the city. The Jialing and Yangtze Rivers flow through the foot of the park. Built toward the end of the Qing Dynasty, Erling contains several pavilions, pathways, corridors, lotus ponds, and bridges around the gardens.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Three Gorges Museum, No.236 Renmin Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400015 China
After lunch, continue to Three Gorges Museum where you will find a large display depicting the Three Gorges Region of Yangtze River as well as a display of the history of the whole Chongqing region. Outside the museum is People’s Assembly Hall that was built in 1954, but the exterior of the building has an architectural style of the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jiefangbei Square, Junction of Mingzu Road, Mingquan Road and Zourong Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400000 China
Your last stop today is at the heart of Chongqing City of Jiefangbei Shopping Square. The center piece of Jiefangbei area is the 90 feet (27.5 meter) tall People’s Liberation Monument, built in 1940 at the intersection of three main roads in the city. At the time, this was the tallest building in the whole Chongqing area, but today, it is surrounded by a 6.2 acres (25,000 sq meters) shopping precinct that is flanked by skyscraper office buildings, international hotels, department stores, restaurants, and a host of other retail and entertainment facilities. Today, the People’s Liberation Monument is dwarfed by the many tall buildings around it. You will have plenty of time to walk around and enjoy the traffic free pedestrian streets. Jiefangbei is located immediately uphill from Chaotinmen Port at the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing rivers. For a completely different perspective of these two rivers, there is a cable car starts at Jiefangbei and spans the Yangtze River. If you are adventurous and want to take this ride (ticket is at your own cost), your guide will assist you in obtaining your ticket. After your visit to Jiefangbei, return to your downtown hotel where your tour ends.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your pick-up location is not within the scoop of definition, your guide will meet you at an appointed place and transfer you back to the same location after the tour ends, or you can pay additional car charge for pickup and drop-off service from your hotel.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time and disembarkation time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.