Private Santorini History & Wine Tasting Tour
Explore the myths and legends of Santorini on a 5 hour History and Wine Tasting Tour of the Akrotiri excavations by yourself one of the most important prehistoric settlements of the Aegean. On this tour you will also taste delicious volcanic wines at 3 traditional island wineries.
per adult from
250 to 300 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local english guide driver
- Hotel/port/airport pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Estate Argyros
- Entry/Admission - Avantis Winery Santorini
- Entry/Admission - Venetsanos Winery
What's excluded :
- Stop At: Akrotiri Archaeological Site, Akrotiri 84700 Greece
Uncover the myths and history of Santorini on a 5-hour guided tour of the Akrotiri excavations, a prehistoric Bronze Age city. During the Minoan volcanic eruption some 3,600 years ago the city was frozen in time by ash that fell. Some speculate that this is the origin of Atlantis, a mythical city lost in time.
Admire the elaborate drainage system, the sophisticated multi-storied buildings, their magnificent wall paintings, excavated furniture and vessels that show the former settlement’s great prosperity. Discover evidence of winemaking that has been estimated to date back to the 3rd Millennium BC, making Santorini one of the oldest winemaking regions in the world.
Continue your wine discovery by strolling through the island’s basket vines at 3 wineries and learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture traditions. Taste a selection of 13 different wine styles from across Santorini and Greece, such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri, and the sublimely sweet Vinsanto wine.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Estate Argyros, Episkopi Gonia, 84700 Greece
Visit estate Argyros and taste 4 different glass of wines with an appetizer from Santorini.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Avantis Winery Santorini, Fira 847 00 Greece
Visit Avantis winery and taste 4 different glasses of Santorini's wine.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Venetsanos Winery, Eparchiaki Odos Firon-Ormou Perissis, Megalochori 84701 Greece
Visit Venetsanos winery and taste 5 different glasses of Santorini's wine.
Duration: 1 hour
• Starter with cheese platter
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup offered Please provide full details information about your pickup Airports
- Santorini Airport, Greece
- Όρμος Αθηνιού Θήρας, Órmos Athiniós, Greece
- Cable car, Ipapantis 10, Thira 847 00, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.