Private Salvador Dali Day Trip to Figueres and the Costa Brava from Barcelona
One of the most inclusive Salvador Dalí tours in Spain, this private day trip from Barcelona will introduce you to all things Dali in Figueres, his birthplace, and the Costa Brava, where he spent much time. Spend the morning at the Dalí Theatre-Museum in Figueres and finish the day on his beloved Costa Brava, in either the town of Cadaques (in winter) or Palamos (in summer). It’s a complete surrealistic experience!
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan/minivan
- Entry/Admission - Dali Theatre-Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance tickets to Dalí house in Port Lligat (approx 11 euros)
- Depart Barcelona and set out for Figueres, the birthplace of Dalí and home to the world-famous Dalí Theatre-Museum. See where he was born on Monturiol Street and step inside his surreal world in the museum like none other. Inside the museum, you’ll find a world of fantasy mixed with architecture, paintings and sculptures. From Figueres, your tour itinerary varies depending on season.
September 16 - June 30 (Winter):
Head to the beautiful coastal village of Cadaqués. Famous for its white-washed Mediterranean houses, narrow shady streets and sandy bay, Cadaques is one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava. The dramatic drive there, which offers some of the best views in Catalonia, will be one of the most memorable highlights of your day trip. Enjoy your lunch in a local restaurant in Cadaqués (own expense). In the afternoon, travel just a few minutes up the coast to the even-smaller village of Port Lligat, the place where Dalí built a house and found the peace that truly inspired him. He lived here from 1930, and the house still contains his original furniture and decoration. Then head to Cap de Creus, the most easterly point of mainland Spain and one of the most starkly beautiful coastal landscapes in the country.
From July 1 – September 15 (Summer):
Go to another of Dalí’s creations, Pubol Castle in the village of the same name. You’ll have time to eat lunch on your own in Pubol before visiting the castle, which he gave to his wife in 1970. In mid-afternoon, your tour will continue to Palamos, a rare hidden spot still found on the Costa Brava. Dalí visited this area several times in the 1930s, and it’s easy to see why, with its location on a beautiful bay.
This private tour is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
Please note: Dali House will be closed from the 1st of January to the 4th of January and from the 11th of January until the 11th of February. It is still possible to see the house from the outside.
Departure Point :C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat Spain
- Port barcelona Cruise Stop, de, 08039 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note: Dali House will be closed from the 1st of January to the 4th of January and from the 11th of January until the 11th of February. It is still possible to see the house from the outside.
- May be operated by an English guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.