Private "Ruta del Sillar & Culebrillas" Tour
This tour will take you to two sillar canyons. The first canyon is where you will see the local workers working on making bricks made of the sillar material, which has been used to build most of the city of Arequipa. The second canyon is an untouched jewel where you will hike and marvel through this amazing and beautiful "culebrilla canyon".
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotels located around the historical center of Arequipa
- Private professional tour guide who serves as a driver
- All entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Ruta Del Sillar
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ruta Del Sillar, Canteras de anashuayco, cerro colorado, Arequipa 04017 Peru
Around 7:30am you will get picked up from your respective hotel in the historical center of Arequipa to start the the "Ruta del Sillar" tour, where you visit quarries and areas where the material of sillar is located.
The first point where we will stop will be the Añashuayco Quarry, this quarry is still in operation, due to the amount of time and the artisan work, this quarry has become an immense canyon with walls that have a height of more than 30 meters. In this place, the guide will provide you with information about the origin and geological formation of the quarries, the elaboration and the use that has been given to the present. In this quarry we can also observe the Megatallado on the walls of the canyon, made by the local workers themselves, where we can take great pictures. We can also observe how the elaboration of the ashlar is, since the workers are currently working in the quarry.
Thereafter we will move to the Quebrada de Culebrillas, which is a sillar quarry that is not in operation, in this quarry we will make a walk of approx. 20 minutes inside the small canyon that has been formed by the passage of water. At the end of the walk we can see petroglyphs, which are figures like llamas, suns, snakes, etc. made by the ancient settlers of this area, which are on the walls of the ravine and can be seen clearly. After experiencing this beautiful place, we will return to the city of Arequipa where will will drop you off around the main square.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up at hotels located around the historical center of Arequipa
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.