Private Qingcheng Mountain and Dujiangyan Irrigation System Tour from Xi'an
Enjoy a day away from the city and experience the grandeur of the Sichuan region’s scenic wonders on this full-day tour to Qingcheng Mountain and the Dujiangyan Irrigation System, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Admire how temples and halls are seemingly carved into the thick forest of bamboo trees and caves at Qingcheng Mountain, where you’ll take a boat ride and a hike with your guide. Marvel at the construction of the Dujiangyan Irrigation System, which was built in 256 BC and led to significant irrigation and agricultural development of the region.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Boat ride at Qingchengshan
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Excursion bus at Qingchengshan and Dujiangyan
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Admission of all the places list in the itinerary
- Private comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Transfer from Xi'an city hotel to train station
- Round-trip bullet train tickets to Chengdu
- Entry/Admission - Mount Qingcheng
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Irrigation System
What's excluded :
- Transfer from Xi'an train station to city hotel
- Cable car at Qingchengshan
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Qingcheng, Qingcheng Mountain Town, Chengdu 611844 China
Your day start with hotel pick up at your Xi'an hotel, get your bullet train tickets from the driver and head to train station. After arrive in Chengdu, meet your friendly guide and driver at the exit. Escape the hustle and bustle of city and enjoy the natural beauty the Sichuan province on this full-day trip. Your first stop is Qingcheng Mountain. In addition to its incredibly lush surroundings and secluded tranquility, the mountain boasts of number of well-preserved Taoist temples. Take a boat ride across the Yuecheng lake and follow your guide on a two-hour hike up the mountain, visiting various temples along the way such as the Jianfu temple, from the Tang Dynasty, or the Tianshi Cave, finished during the Qing Dynasty and where a famous Taoist master once taught. Take the same trail back down, or, for a more relaxing experience, take the cable car to the bottom of the mountain (own expense).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Dujiangyan Irrigation System, On the Minjiang River at the west of Dujiangyan, Dujiangyan 611830 China
After lunch at a local restaurant (included), enjoy the drive to the Dujiangyan Irrigation System. Built in 256 BC to provide irrigation and flood control to the region, the Dujiangyan is one of the greatest hydraulic engineering projects of the Qin Dynasty. See the fish mouth levee, named for its conical head resembling the mouth of a fish, and learn about the significant role it plays in the system.
The Dujiangyan area also boasts a beautiful landscape and many cultural relics and historical sites. Visit the Two Kings Temple and the Dragon-Taming Temple, and admire the style of traditional Chinese architecture and the intricate designs of ancient statues. Stroll around the gardens of Lidui Park and see how engineering masterpieces blend well with the park’s natural landscape. Later head to train station and back to Xi'an, end your memorable day.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free picking up service from your city hotel or residence in Xi’an (all hotels within 3rd Ring Road), if you stay outside the 3rd Ring Road please contact us in advance to arrange to be picked up from your hotel or airport and pay extra cost to driver.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be advised that a moderate amount of walking is involved and the hike up Qingcheng Mountain involves a few steep slopes; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.