Private Portuguese Heritage Tour: Se Cathedral, Basilica of Bom Jesus and Dona Paula Beach in Goa
Discover Goa’s historical Portuguese influences on this private half-day tour. Learn about Goa’s colonial history as you visit some of the region’s most Portuguese-influenced sites including the Se Cathedral and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Basilica of Bom Jesus. Then, visit Fontainhas, the heavily Portuguese-influenced Latin Quarter in the city of Panaji, before marveling at fantastic views of the Arabian Sea from one of Goa’s hidden gems, the Dona Paula Jetty. After your tour, you can choose to enjoy a traditional Goan and Portuguese lunch at the popular O’Coquerio restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica of Bom Jesus, Old Goa Road, Goa Velha 403402 India
Meet your guide at your Goa hotel and travel in private, air-conditioned comfort to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, Basilica of Born Jesus. Walk across the marble floor that’s inlaid with precious stones and visit the remains of Catholic missionary St Francis Xavier. Learn about this man’s life from your guide, as well as from the detailed paintings that decorate the interior. Head upstairs to a gallery of surrealist paintings from Dom Martin, a Goan painter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Se Cathedral, Old Goa, Panjim India
Travel by foot to Se Cathedral, known by locals as Se Cathedral of Santa Catarina. This gothic-style Portuguese architecture houses one of the largest bells in Goa and is dedicated to a saint who was martyred in the 4th century for her Christian devotion
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Fontainhas, Panjim India
Wander the Latin Quarter, known as Fontainhas and experience the sights, sounds and flavors of Portuguese influence first hand as you explore the streets.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St Sebastian Chapel, Sebastian Road, Panjim 403001 India
Make a stop at St Sebastian Chapel, where statues of historic figures like Abade Faria, a Roman Catholic monk, are displayed.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dona Paula Beach, 7 Km From Panaji, Dona Paula 403004 India
Next, travel in comfort to Dona Paula Jetty, a peaceful bay where epic views of Mormugao Harbor and the Arabian Sea make for the perfect photo op. Take in the natural wonder of the scene that’s unique to this out of the way treasure before heading to a tiny market on the waterway.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and Drop off location for this tourPanaji / Calangute / Candolim / Baga. Supplement cost will be applicable for pickup beyond the above set pickup pointturns to original departure point
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- No strict dress code is enforced to enter places of worship. However, please be advised to dress accordingly; short shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended
- Lunch costs including drinks usually range between USD $2 and USD $15
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- In the wake of the ensuing COVID crisis, we have re-invented our hygiene protocols and have taken concrete steps along with training our guides, drivers, representatives and other staff at our destinations’ offices. So, we are fully prepared for your safe travel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.