Private Petra Day Trip Including Amman Sightseeing from Amman
Explore the rose-colored city of Petra after pick up from your central Amman hotel, settle into your air-conditioned comfortable vehicle with your English – Speaking Driver, who doubles up as your guide on your journey to and from Petra, UNESCO – listed Heritage and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of Petra, a rock city cut into a sandstone valley 2,000 years ago. Walk towards the “Siq” entrance canyon, and behold the rose-tinted Treasury, visit the Royal Tombs, the Theater, and more like the Byzantine Church. Proceed back to Amman for a panoramic tour of Amman’s top attractions including the Citadel viewpoint, the Roman Theater, the downtown souks, and views of the city's mosques, churches, and historical Jabal Amman and Jabal Al-Webdeih ancient quarters, besides proceeding to the new modern part of Amman’s capital.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Horse ride before the “Siq
- Local English-Speaking Guide for the classic visit of Petra
- Amman Panoramic visit with view point from the Citadel
- On board WI-FI
- One day entrance fees to Petra; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Entry/Admission - Siq
- Entry/Admission - Al-Khazneh
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver, Guide, and Horse Boy) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Petra - Wadi Musa, Petra - Wadi Musa, Ma'an Governorate
You will leave the hotel early in the morning to drive south to the Nabatean Red Rose City of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, for a classic visit. As you travel, gaze at the desert landscapes and hear tales of Jordan’s history. Hewn into a sandstone valley carved by the Nabataean people more than 2,000 years ago, this ancient rose-red rock city located 245 kilometers from Amman at the crossroads of age-old trading routes, to dominate ancient Arabia. Reach Petra’s main site to learn more about its magnificent history. On arrival, leave your vehicle, and enjoy a 2-hour tour of this UNESCO Heritage listed wonder with a local guide.
Stop At: Siq, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
First, walk through the famous “Siq”, a narrow path of 1.2 kilometers; rock fissure that was once the main entrance to the city, and marvel at your first glimpse of the hauntingly beautiful Treasury “El - Khazneh”
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Al-Khazneh, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
as the canyon suddenly opens up. Admire this rose-pink masterpiece, originally built to house priceless treasures and capture it on camera. Then, walk through the widening canyon to witness other monuments such as the 3,000-seater Theater, the Royal Tombs, and the Byzantine Church. As you explore, listen as your guide describes how the Nabateans sculpted the buildings, and learn how they mastered the harsh desert conditions to make their lives here. After around two hours of exploring, enjoy free time, and lunch on your own expense. If time permits you can climb up the Monastery on your own or the High Place of Sacrifice: a clifftop altar that was once used for animal sacrifices and other ceremonies. Return to Petra’s entrance and rejoin your private vehicle and driver.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: The Citadel, K. Ali Ben Al-Hussein St. 146, Amman Jordan
Return to the capital of Amman, for a panoramic tour of the city’s highlights. Drive around the city and downtown area past the animated markets, churches, and mosques like King Abdullah’s Mosque. Start by the Roman, Byzantine, and Islamic-era ruins of Amman Citadel for a view point. Gaze in awe at the Roman Amphitheater, carved into a hillside in the 2nd century B.C. and the most important remnant of Amman’s predecessor, the Roman white city of Philadelphia. Free time at leisure in Amman downtown area for souvenir shopping in the local gold and spice markets. Pass by King Hussein’s Palace, where the late, revered king is laid to rest. Your tour then concludes by strolling along “Jabal Al-Webdeih” and “Jabal Amman” Quarters, the Rainbow Street, Amman’s colorful arts and shopping hotspot. Delve into the upscale neighborhoods of “Abdoun” and “Swefieh”, where luxury shopping malls and swanky private villas line the streets. After passing thru the modern Amman drive back to your hotel
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- For clients with mobility issues please contact us – for Golf Cart services at Petra please contact us
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.