Private Petchaburi Half-Day Tour from Hua Hin
Historically, Petchaburi has played an important role in the development from the time Thailand was still called Siam. The construction of royal residences, important and religious sites are among the historical highlights of this half day excursion.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch included at a local restaurant (food only)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- All taxes and service fees included
- Entry/Admission - Tham Khao Luang Cave
- Entry/Admission - Khao Wang (Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park)
What's excluded :
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as other meals, not mentioned in the program, drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Supplements for transfers from and to Hua Hin / Cha-am hotels / resorts located outside the beach regions on the island (resorts located at Khao Takbiab, Petchaburi and Pranburi). Also transfer services from/to the airport are excluded and supplements may apply
- Hotel accommodation in Hua Hin / Cha-am
- Tips and gratuities
- Phetchaburi is a place where visitors can enjoy both cultural and natural sites at the same time. The province has been described as the place where the golden era of Ayutthaya still lives on, and this is amply demonstrated in the magnificent architecture of palaces and temples. A trip to Phetchaburi takes you back in time to a period of prosperity and cultural development, when Thailand still was called Siam.
Your tour starts with hotel pickup in Hua Hin or Cha-Am for the 50-minute drive to the Phetchaburi province, whose capital town bears the same name. Your guide will explain the importance of Phetchaburi's sites, which are a reminder of what once was one of the most important places in Siam, designated as a royal retreat.
Begin your experience with a visit to the hillside residence of King Mongkut (King Rama IV), called Khao Wang, part of Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park. This iconic building can be seen on the approach to Phetchaburi, a town with a history dating back to the 11th century. The architectural design of the palace buildings is a unique mix of neoclassical, Thai, and Chinese styles. In the 19th century, it became a royal retreat of King Rama IV, starting a trend of summer retreats that has been been continued by his royal successors. You have the opportunity to explore the palace and enjoy the fine vista of the town, its river, and the surrounding rice fields. To the west, the mountainous border of Myanmar is visible, even when the clouds blur the contours of the peaks.
Next, visit Tham Khao Luang Cave, which lies on the outskirts of town and is home to more than 170 Buddha images, some of which were placed there by King Rama IV. Around midday, they are illuminated by a natural shaft of light that floods the cave.
Lastly, stop at the Khmer-influenced temple of Wat Prasrit Mahathat, a royal temple that dates back to the 12th century and is situated along the western river banks of the Phetchaburi River. The magnificence of its architecture is something that simply cannot be missed. After a short stroll through the temple complex, head to your hotel in Hua Hin or Cha-Am to end your tour.
Departure Point :Centrally located Hua Hin hotels
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Centrally located Hua Hin hotels
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please note: good physical condition required. You will be exposed to high temperatures and be required to climb hills
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.