Private Panda Base and Leshan Buddha Day Tour from Chongqing
Visit two of China's top attractions on this private full-day tour to the Chengdu Panda Base and the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Grand Buddha in Leshan. Get an early start to see the pandas in action and enjoy photo ops of baby and adult panda bears. Then travel to Leshan for a guided tour of the Grand Buddha, the world’s biggest stone Buddha sculpture. Visit the Buddha’s adjacent temples, and admire the surrounding scenery of rivers and forest. Travel in comfort with a private guide and driver; lunch and Chongqing hotel pickup and drop-off are included for added convenience.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip bullet train tickets
- Private comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Chengdu Panda Base
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Buddha(optional hiking ticket or boat ticket)
- Entry/Admission - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi), No.1375 Xiongmao Avenue the Outside Northern Third Ring Road, Chenghua District, Chengdu 610081 China
Your day trip starts with pickup from Chongqing hotel and you will get the train tickets from the driver. It takes about 1.5h to Chengdu. Your private guide and driver will meet you at the exit of Chengdu Station and you will head directly to the Chengdu Panda Base (aka the Panda Breeding Center, officially known as the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding), located about 30 minutes outside of central Chengdu.
Your guide leads you through different areas to see baby and adult giant pandas, as well as red pandas, cat-like animals that are not closely related to giant pandas but are still pretty cute. Learn about the protection of panda bears in the wild and recent achievements in breeding, feeding and reintroduction to the wilderness.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo), No.2435 Lingyun Street, Shizhong District, Leshan 614000 China
Enjoy authentic Chinese lunch before travel to Leshan, relax and see the countryside scenery during the drive to Giant Buddha, part of a UNESCO World Heritage site inscribed as 'Mount Emei Scenic Area, including Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area.'
Work started on the Grand Buddha in the year 713 and was completed in 803 after several delays. Carved out of a cliff next to the confluence of the Minjiang, Dadu and Qingyi rivers, the massive sculpture stands 233 feet (71 meters) high and measures 92 feet (28 meters) wide. It is the largest carved stone Buddha in the world by far.
Begin your tour of the site at the Grand Buddha Temple (Lingyun Temple), which sits behind the Buddha’s giant head (as you approach, note the statue’s hair, which includes approximately 1,020 coiled buns). Inside the temple, view intricate sculptures and wall decorations, and then follow your guide down a trail that leads to the base of the Buddha. Make sure you got enough good photos of this wonder before head to train station and back to Chongqing, your day trip ends with Chongqing hotel drop-off.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure point: Free picking up service from your city hotel or residence in Chongqing.Return point: Returns to original departure point.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Drop-off at the Chengdu airport is possible at the end of your tour; if you would like to be dropped off at the airport, contact the local tour operator after booking; contact information will be on your confirmation voucher
- Infants two year and younger are free of charge
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.