Private Pamukkale tour with Archaeologist Aykut
Private Pamukkale tour with Archaeologist and driverguide
Pamukkale is Turkey’s foremost mineral-bath spa because of its natural beauty: hot calcium-laden waters spring from the earth and cascade over a cliff. As they cool they form dramatic travertines of hard, brilliantly white calcium that form pools.
Named the Cotton Fortress (pah-MOOK-kah-leh) in Turkish, it has been a spa since the Romans built the spa city of Hierapolis around a sacred warm-water spring. The Antique Pool is still there, littered with marble columns from the Roman Temple of Apollo. You can swim in it for a fee.
You can spend a pleasant day at Pamukkale, exploring the extensive Roman ruins of Hierapolis, climbing the ranks of seats in the great Roman theater, touring the exhibits in the Archeological Museum, splashing along the travertines (where permitted) and even soaking in the Antique Pool littered with fluted marble columns.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- English speaking Archaeologistguide
- Hotel pick up and drop
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to Pamukkale/Hierapolis
- Swim fee at Antique Pool (Cleopatra Pool)
- We pick up from the security points of the hotels outside the hotel buildings. Travellers should contact us before or after the booking to clarify meeting point.
Departure Point :
The traveler should contact us after the booking to clarify pick up time and pickup location. We drop off travelers where we pick them up.
AirportsAntalya Airport, Antalya Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/16/2019 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:30 AM
Return Detail :Akra Hotels, Şirinyalı, Lara Cd. No:24, 07100 Muratpaşa/Antalya, Turkey
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not reccommended for travellers with walking problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.