Private One Day Tour: Shanghai Old and New Highlights
Discover old and modern Shanghai as you wish on a full-day private tour. With a personal guide, explore attractions like The Bund, Ming-Dynasty Yu Garden, and Jade Buddha Temple, and visit the observation deck of one of Shanghai’s highest skyscrapers. Customize your itinerary to suit your and opt to explore by private vehicle with lunch and select entrance fees included, or by private vehicle or public transit with lunch and entrance fees at own expense.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional and knowledgeable local guide
- Private tour services
- Local Tasty Lunch (If " All Inlcusive Tour" is booked)
- Experienced driver with air-conditioned car (Only if related tour option is booked)
- Entrance fee to Yu garden and Jade Buddha Temple( If "All Inclusive Tour" is booked)
What's excluded :
- Lunch, and entrance fees (if " All Inclusive Tour " is not booked)
- Entrance fee to observation deck of the top tower
- Optional tea tasting /ceremony
- Please note: The tour is for upto 8hours, it can be extended at USD 25.00 per hour after 8hours.
- Entry/Admission - Yu Garden (Yuyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Tower
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Bund (Wai Tan), Zhongshan East 1st Road, Shanghai China
Meet your private guide at your central Shanghai hotel at your prefered time.Tell your guide if there’s anything you want to see more of on your tour: your itinerary is flexible and can be 100% customized around you. Following is the sample itinetary and you are welcome to discuss with your guide if you want to customize your own tour. Typically, you will visit The Bund , the colonial-era promenade along the Huangpu River. Admire the stunning views of old and new Shanghai, including buildings such as the Bund's Old Customs House and iconic skyscrapers.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Yu Garden (Yuyuan), No.218 Anren Street, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200010 China
Afterward, visit the 500-year old classic Chinese Yu Garden, and view the traditional Qing-Dynasty architecture of the Old Town Bazaar. See the Huxingting Tea House near the ‘Nine Zigzag’ bridge and enjoy fun time to shop for souvenirs such as tea, antiques, jade, pearls, silk, and other wares. If you wish, experience a tea ceremony (own expense) and sample some high quality local tea.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Former French Concession, Puxi Central, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200000 China
Then, visit Shanghai’s French Concession, once the center of colonial life and now a hip area. Visit the ‘French Park,’ to see locals enjoying activities like ballroom dancing, Tai-chi, singing, and water calligraphy, and stroll around the Concession with its charming avenues of ‘French trees’ and traditional houses.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shanghai Tower, No479 Lujiazui Ring Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai China
After lunch head to Lujiazui area ,take a leisure walk along the skybridge among the futuristic mordern skyscrappers. Marvel at the fast development of city. If nice clear day, choose to visit one of the top obervation deck in the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Shanghai Financial Tower, Jinmao Tower, or Shanghai Tower based on your own preferences. Enjoy the spectacular birdeye view of the mega Shanghai city.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Jade Buddha Temple, 170 An Yuan Road, Shanghai China
Continue the tour to visit one of the most beautiful and famous buddhist temple -Jade buddha temple. Admire the exquisite Jade Buddha Status from Burma,explore different chambers of the temple and learn the fasinating religiouns culture ,wisdom from your knowledgable guide. As the exclusive flexible tour , if you have been to the above mentioned attrations , you could also have alternative options to visit Nanjing Road Shopping street, Tianzifang, Shanghai Museum, Urban Planning Hall, Shanghai poster art museum, AP Plaza market etc based on the time and your own interests. After the wonderful day you will be dropped off back to your downtown hotel or other downtown area as per your request.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.