Private Old Delhi tour with Change of Palace Guard Ceremony and lunch at Karim
Watch this unique Change of Guard ceremony which takes place within the boundary walls of Rashtrapati Bhawan, the home of the President of India. You will see the soldiers of the President’s Bodyguards (PBG) on their decorated horses changing guards as the Army Brass Band plays the National Anthem. This private tour also visits Old Delhi and the Chandni Chowk and includes lunch at the Karim Restaurant.
• Changing of the Guard Ceremony at the Presidential Palace
• Red Fort
• Rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk
• Raj Ghat
• Lunch at Karim Restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off within the city limit of New Delhi
- Service of English Speaking Local Guide
- Rickshaw ride at Chandni Chowk
- Lunch at Karim Restaurant
- 02 bottles of mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Entry/Admission - Red Fort
What's excluded :
- Lunch, Food and drinks, unless specified
- Beverages are excluded during lunch
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rashtrapati Bhavan, Rajpath, New Delhi 110004 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in New Delhi and your guide will escort you in an air conditioned vehicle to Rashtrapati Bhawan, the official residence of the president of India.
The President's Bodyguards (PBG), started in 1773, is the senior most Regiment of the Indian Army. It is a Regiment carrying out ceremonial duties for the President of India. The PBG personnel are excellent horsemen, capable tank men and paratroopers.
The Change of Guard ceremony is a military tradition - guards and sentries at palaces, forts and defense establishments change periodically to enable a fresh body of troops to take charge.
The thirty minute ceremony commences with the PBG troops, astride their caparisoned, powerful and well groomed steeds advancing from behind the Jaipur Column to the tunes played by the Army Brass Band. The ceremony ends with an equestrian display by the PBG and playing of the National Anthem. Post ceremony you will be dropped back to the hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Red Fort, Netaji Subhash Marg, New Delhi 110002 India
Post ceremony, embark on a half day tour of Old Delhi including the seventeenth-century walled city of Shahjahanabad. You will visit the Red Fort. Within the thick red-sandstone walls lie halls of public and private audience, domed and arched marble palaces, plush private apartments, a mosque and elaborately designed gardens. Even today, the Red Fort remains an impressive testimony to the Mughal grandeur.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
Later, take a rickshaw ride through Chandni Chowk, the old marketplace of Shahjahanabad, which today is a picturesque bazaar. It consists of many narrow lanes that are crowded with shops selling everything from authentic Indian food and clothing to electronics.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Raj Ghat, Mahatma Gandhi Road, New Delhi 110002 India
Next you will visit the Raj Ghat, a memorial that is erected on the site where Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the Indian Nation was cremated. During your sightseeing in Old Delhi, lunch is included at the well known Karim Restaurant located in the heart of Old Delhi. This restaurant dates back over 100 years.
At the end of your tour you will be escorted back to your hotel in New Delhi in your air conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Valid photo ID card is a MUST for Entry to Rashtrapati Bhawan
- Partially wheelchair accessible
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.