Private Old Delhi Half-Day Guided Tour
Experience the wonder of India’s culture and history on this private walking tour of Old Delhi. Follow an expert guide through the city’s ‘havelis’—impressive private mansions—and listen to stories about the Red Fort and other key urban highlights. Comb through the stalls of Chandni Chowk and sample traditional Indian cuisine at Chor Bazaar. Be completely immersed in the lifestyle of locals as you travel the same streets they do on this incredible tour
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Our local Taj Destination Tours representative meet you and later proceed for Half Day Delhi Guide Tour Old Delhi, where you’ll enjoy a cup of spicy chai before taking to the city streets. Sample flavourful street food, comb through eclectic markets, wander through Hindu temples and visit key historical sites on this Old Delhi Half Day Tour. Our Guide share his knowledge with you about traditional wedding items and the meaning of marigold chains in these bustling bazaars and then navigate back alleys as you explore this multi-colour part of the Delhi.
Enjoy lunch at the famous Paratha Wali Gali, where stuffed fried breads and creamy curd are paired with spicy home made pickles. Watch as local chefs prepare this mid-day feast and fresh ingredients make their way from smoking pans to tawas (hot plates). Your guide will also take you to sites associated with the 1857 Mutiny - India’s First War of Independence - and share stories about the old and more recent struggle for independence. Come away with a deeper understanding of Hinduism after stops at several temples.
Finally, end your trip with a bit of exploration on your own, and later drive for your Hotel.
Departure Point :hotel/airport
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :hotel/airport
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.