Private Old and New Delhi City Sightseeing Day Tour
Take a private 8-hour tour of New and Old Delhi to discover the highlights of India’s capital city. Travel with your guide in an air-conditioned car to UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Humayun's Tomb, Qutub Minar, the Red Fort, and Jama Masjid. You'll also get a comprehensive introduction to Delhi with commentary from your guide about the city's history and culture, and visits to monuments including India Gate, Parliament Street, and Lotus Temple. Includes private guide and driver, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
• Private full-day tour of Old and New Delhi
• See at least four World Heritage sites: Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Humayun's Tomb, and the Red Fort
• Drive by important government buildings and stop at India Gate
• Customize the itinerary to suit your preferences
• Includes private vehicle and guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Sightseeing by private air conditioned car
- Private Tour Guide
- Packaged Drinking Water
- All parking fees, tolls and taxes, allowances, fuel and interstate taxes
- Rickshaw ride
What's excluded :
- Monument Entrance Fees
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Humayun's Tomb
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Humayun's Tomb, Mathura Road Opp Nizamuddin Mosque, New Delhi 110013 India
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel or airport in the morning and take you to meet your tour guide. You will head out to visit the tomb of the Mughal emperor, Humayun. The tomb, located in Nizamuddin East, was declared a
UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993, and was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
After, visit Qutab Minar, a soaring 73 meter tower, and the tallest brick minaret in the world. It was built in 1193 by Qutub-ud-din Aibak immediately after the defeat of Delhi’s last Hindu kingdom, and is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. The expected length of the visit is 45-minutes.
Next up is the Lotus Temple (closed on Mondays), the last of seven major Bahai temples, and built in 1986 out of pure white marble. Around the blooming petals are nine pools of water which light up in natural light. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
After the Lotus Temple visit you’ll be taken toward your luxurious lunch in the multi-cuisine, fully air-conditioned restaurant where you can get all the delicious flavors and delicacies of the city (at own expense).
Next, visit Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India, with its courtyard capable of holding 25,000 devotees. It was begun in 1650 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, and more than 5,000 workers toiled for six years to complete it. The expected length of the visit is 30-minutes.
At the center of New Delhi stands the 42 meter India Gate, an Arc-de-Triomphe-like archway in the middle of a crossroad. It was built as a memorial to the 70,000 India soldiers killed in World War I. The gate was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and completed in 1931. The expected length of the visit is 15-minutes.
After the gate, head to the Red Fort, constructed in 1648 by the 5th Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, and the residence of the emperor for about 200 years, until 1857. The Red Fort’s innovative architectural style, including its garden design, influenced later buildings and gardens in Delhi. It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
In the evening you will be taken back your hotel, along with your cherished memories of the Delhi sightseeing tour.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.