Private New Orleans Haunted Walking Tour: Blood on Every Brick
There is no question that the horrific yellow fever outbreak and two disastrous French Quarter fires of 1788 and 1794 brought the idea of ghosts to a comforting place as loved ones dealt with closure in these massive and tragic deaths.
We will walk the streets of the Vieux Carré to visit some of the well-known homes and establishments where it is rumored that ghosts still have a presence today.
There is general agreement that LaLaurie Mansion is the most haunted home in the city due to the horrible torture that Madame LaLaurie inflicted upon her slaves. Their deliverance was finally found thru a terrible fire that left total carnage among all who lived there. This disaster left stories of mysterious happenings that are remembered to this day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Faulkner House Books, 624 Pirates Aly, New Orleans, LA 70116-3233
Although typical ghost stories of massive deaths tolls involve murders, suicides, and wars, a tremendous number of people died from a painful disease known as yellow fever.
This would become one of the most deadly diseases ever to affect New Orleans, wiping out up to one-thousand people each week at its most lethal time.
Departure Point :Omni Royal Orleans, 621 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.