Private New Delhi Sightseeing Tour with Akshardham Temple visit
A private tour of New Delhi follows a visit to Akshardham Temple and its ancient step well. Akshardham' means the divine abode of God. It is hailed as an eternal place of devotion, purity and peace. On your tour, you will drive down New Delhi’s broadest avenue, the Rajput and visit Humayun’s Tomb, Qutab Minar and Birla Temple.
• Akshardham Temple
• President’s House, Parliament House and India Gate
• Qutab Minar
• Humayun’s Tomb
• Birla Temple
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air conditioned transport
- Pick up and Drop off within New Delhi
- English Speaking Guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Swaminarayan Akshardham
- Entry/Admission - Humayun's Tomb
- Entry/Admission - Qutub Minar
What's excluded :
- Any Other Food, drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Swaminarayan Akshardham, Nh 24 Akshardham Setu, New Delhi 110092 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in New Delhi in a private, air conditioned vehicle and drive to the Akshardham Temple.
Upon arrival, visit the temple with your English speaking guide. The Swaminarayan Akshardham temple is a Hindu Mandir located in East Delhi near the banks of the Yamuna River. The main temple is 141 feet high, 316 foot wide and 356 feet long. It has 20,000 statues, 234 carved pillars and nine domes. There are 148 life-sized elephant statues in the temple and an 11 foot high statue of Swaminarayan (18th century yogi and Hindu teacher) is seated under the central dome.
In the complex is the Yagnapurush Kund (a replica of a grand traditional step-well), which has 2,870 steps and 108 small shrines. The nine-lotus design of the central pool is a replica of a ritual yantra or arrangement used in sacred Hindu ceremonies. He presides over the step-well inspiring determination, devotion and courage. It is India’s largest step well.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Rajpath, New Delhi India
After viewing the temple, continue your tour to New Delhi. Drive along Rajpath, the capital's broadest avenue. Along the way you will see Parliament House, a low, circular structure that covers more than five acres of land. You will also see Rashtrapati Bhawan, the President's Palace, which is the official residence of the president of India. Continue to the India Gate, a 138-foot-high, arch-shaped structure that stands at the eastern end of Rajpath. It is inscribed with the names of 85,000 Indian Army soldiers who lost their lives in World War I. Here burns the Amar Jawan Jyoti, the Eternal Flame, in tribute to all martyred soldiers of India.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Humayun's Tomb, Mathura Road Opp Nizamuddin Mosque, New Delhi 110013 India
Next, proceed to Humayun's Tomb, commissioned by Humayun's widowed queen, Haji Begum, in the sixteenth century. Architecturally it is the forerunner of the world-famous Taj Mahal.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Qutub Minar, Qutb Minar, Mehrauli, New Delhi 110030 India
You will also visit Qutab Minar, a soaring, 238-foot-high stone tower, which was built by Qutab-Ud-Din Aibak in the twelfth century. At its base is the Quwwat-Ul Islam Mosque, the first mosque to be built in India. A twenty-three-foot-high iron pillar, which was built in the fourth century, stands in the courtyard of the mosque.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Birla Mandir Temple (Lakshmi Narayan), Connaught Place, New Delhi 110002 India
After viewing Qutab Minar, you will move on to Birla Temple, which is one of the major landmarks of New Delhi. The temple, built in 1939, is dedicated to Vishnu and enshrines almost all the deities of the Hindu pantheon. At the end of your tour you will be escorted back to your hotel in New Delhi in your air conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- The Mandir is a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserve its sanctity and spiritual ambience, a strict dress code operates within the complex.
- Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Shorts and skirts must be at least below knee-length
- Sarong: In case your dress does not comply with above requirement, a free sarong is provided for your visit (Refundable Deposit Rs. 100) Please return the sarong at the exit.
- Following Items NOT ALLOWED in the complex: Mobile Phones, Cameras, Usb/Pen Drives, Music Devices, Electronic Items,Weapons,Umbrella,Luggage,Toys,Pets,Food And Drink,Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.