Private Namoboudha Day Hike Including Lunch
Depart from Kathmandu and make your way through the Kathmandu Valley to Panuati, the starting point of this hike. Enjoy the lush landscape and mountain views whilst hiking up to Namobhouda, a sacred Buddhist place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- In the morning you will be picked-up at your hotel by your driver and guide. The starting point of this hike is a 35 kilometre drive east of Kathmandu. Depending on the traffic, this will take us between one and half and two hours.
The starting point of our hike is the ancient Newar town Panauti. From here we hike to a place called Khoapasi. From Dhapasi, we follow the uphill trail in north - east direction. The further we go the narrower the trail gets. After we cross a suspension bridge we will pass through many small villages and huge rice fields which will give you a chance to see how Nepali people plant and harvest the crop, depending on the season. From here we hike steep uphill for about an hour to reach Namoboudha. Namoboudha is a sacred Buddhist place where Lord Buddha sacrificed his own body to save a starving tiger. At this typical Buddhist Gompa you can watch the rituals and at the same time have a great view over the mountains and deep down, Panauti.
After lunch, continue walk in easy trails to Dhulikhel. Once we reach Dhulikel, your driver will be waiting to drop you off at your hotel.
Departure Point :From your hotel in Kathmandu
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- As this tour involves a visit to a monastery, please wear shorts or skirts that cover the legs until below the knees.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 12 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.