Private Montserrat Monastery with Wine and Cava Tasting Day Trip from Barcelona
Combine mountains, history and wine on a private day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat and trail for a cellar tour and visit to a winery. Enjoy stunning views of the area, see the famous 12th-century Black Virgin statue and taste excellent cava (Spanish sparkling wine). Accompanied by your own private guide, you'll enjoy personalized attention on this full-day tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Wine tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Montserrat cable car (approx. 8 euros)
- Montserrat Museum entrance fee (approx. 7 euros)
- After leaving Barcelona, your private day trip starts at Montserrat, a craggy mountain that overlooks the city. Visit the Benedictine abbey, where La Moroneta, a famous 12th-century statue of a black Virgin Mary is housed. If you’re at Montserrat on a weekday, you may also have the chance to hear La Escolania, one of Europe’s oldest children’s choirs.
You’ll also have time to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, with its five collections ranging from Archaeology to the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. Or discover the different walking paths on Montserrat. There are routes to suit all tastes and energy levels, from gentle strolls to fairly strenuous treks around the park area. All of the paths allow you to enjoy the unspoiled beauty of this protected natural park. For even more views, take one of the mountain’s two rack railways or the cable car (own expense), or simply savor the vistas from the café.
In the afternoon, leave Montserrat and head to Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, the center of Spain’s cava country. Embark on a cellar tour and a visit to a winery. This will, of course, be accompanied by a tasting so you can find out exactly why cava has acquired such international fame.
This private tour from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please remember to provide us with details of where you want to be picked up from if you do not want to come to the meeting point.Airports
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- On certain weekends and during July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing.
- This tour is in English only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.