Private Medieval Towns Tour Plus Local Lunch from Barcelona
Transport yourself back in time and discover the Medieval heritage of Catalonia - enjoy three distinctly unique villages and a scenic drive with views of La Garrotxa Natural Park on this private tour.
Arrive to Besalu, a Catalan medieval jewel declared National Historical Artistic Site in 1966. Of great architectural value, it’s one of the most notable legacies of the medieval period in Catalonia.
In Girona, we’ll get lost through the winding streets and marvel at the Gothic Cathedral and the quaint Gothic Quarter, then we’ll savor the regional products with a complimentary lunch in a local restaurant.
Find your inner peace in Pals and have an extraordinary adventure through the cobblestone streets of this cute medieval village from the 13th century.
Then we’ll take you back to your hotel or apartment in Barcelona.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- The Tour, the Guide and the Transport are exclusively and only for the group that reserves it.
- Private walking tour - Besalu, Girona, Pals.
- Complimentary coffee and croissant before our walking tour of Besalu.
- Delicious three course lunch in Girona with regional products in a renowned local restaurant- our treat!
- Have a glass of Cava (Catalan Champagne)
- Comfortable transport FROM/TO your hotel or apartment.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Miqvé of Besalú
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Cathedral of Girona
- Entry/Admission - Miqve
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio de San Pedro de Besalu
- Entry/Admission - Girona Cathedral (Catedral)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bridge of Besalu, Carrer del Pont Vell, 17, 17850, Besalu Spain
Meet your guide at your hotel or apartment in Barcelona. Ride in comfort in a luxury vehicle approximately an hour and a half away to Besalu, taking a scenic route crossing the volcanic area of La Garrotxa Natural Park. Have a delicious breakfast of local products and start the private tour. The most significant feature of Besalu is its 12th century Romanesque bridge, nestled between Fluvía and Capellades rivers.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Miqve, Baixada de la Mikweh, Besalu Spain
We’ll go inside the restored mikveh, a ritual Jewish bath, as well as see the remains of a medieval synagogue, documented in 1264, from the Jewish community that settled from the 9th to the 15th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia Sant Vicenc, Calle Sant Vicenc 6, 17850, Besalu Spain
Explanation of the exterior and facade
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Monasterio de San Pedro de Besalu, Placa Sant Pere, s/n, 17850, Besalu Spain
Explanation of the exterior and facade and go inside
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Girona Cathedral (Catedral), Placa de la Catedral, s/n, 17004 Girona Spain
After Besalu, arrive to Girona in a private comfortable transport and visit The Cathedral of Girona. Explanation of the exterior and facade and go inside. After, we will stop for lunch in a local restaurant with a renowned chef. Also enjoy a glass of Cava (Catalan Champagne).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Village Medieval de Pals, Pals Gerone Espagne, Pals Spain
Private walking tour through this charming village from the Middle Ages. Roam around its idyllic cobbled streets and tiny squares and take in the most beautiful landscape views from on top of the hill next to the Tower of the Hours to spot the Medas islands, a natural park and protected area, in the distance.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup and dropoff at your hotel or apartment in Barcelona city or the harbor.Ports
- Terminal South - World Trade Center, World Trade Center s/n, 08039 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- We comply with all Covid 19 safety protocols for tourist agency operation in Barcelona
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.