Private Market Tour and Vegetarian Cooking Lesson in Mysore with a Local
Enjoy a private and authentic market tour and cooking class in a local Mysore home with your host Anu, a local restauranteur. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Start your morning with a visit to the Devaraja market where Anu introduces you to the seasonal and regional produce on offer. Return to Anu's home to learn to cook a South Indian vegetarian lunch together in her kitchen. Your host is a sweet and friendly lady of Parsi ancestry married to a South Indian Brahmin - her menu spans several regions. Her food is renowned for being light, simple and incredibly fresh. Share a healthy and sumptuous lunch that includes dishes such as masala dosas (roasted rice crepes filled with spiced potatoes) served with a variety of chutneys, stuffed eggplant, sweet and sour cluster beans, sweet pumpkin delight and a dessert. Weather permitting Anu will serve lunch on her rooftop terrace.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private market tour and cooking class with your host Anu
- Bottled water
- Non-alcoholic beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to tour a local market and visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Meet your host Anu at her Mysore home and together drive 10-min to the 100-year-old Devaraja Market, a colorful, vibrant and chaotic traditional Indian marketplace. Discover local and regional fruits, flowers and vegetables and get a sense for daily life in Mysore. Return to Anu's home for a hands-on cooking lesson. Anu will teach you to prepare a healthy, flavorful vegetarian South Indian meal using her favorite cooking techniques. After cooking enjoy the meal together with Anu and her husband (if he's home). Weather permitting Anu serves lunch on her rooftop terrace. Your healthy and sumptuous lunch includes dishes of South Indian and Parsi origin, reflecting Anu's family heritage. Your thali might include dishes such as masala dosas (roasted rice flour crepes with spiced potatoes) and a variety of seasonal vegetable dishes. Your meal concludes with a dessert like chocolate banana pie. Anu provides lunch for a yoga class so while there may be yoga students present during your lunch, your experience with Anu will remain private.
• Stuffed eggplant
• Sweet and sour cluster beans
• Pumpkin delight
• Masala dosas served with a variety of chutneys
• Chocolate banana pie
Departure Point :Mysuru (Mysore), Mysuru (Mysore), Mysore District, Karnataka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.