Private: Managua City Tour Half Day
To live Nicaragua you must first take this history tour as a cornerstone. Join us in this half day history tour and take a part of Managua with you. What’s the offer? Well, a panoramic view over the city and of its Historic Center. Later, visit the ruins of the presidential palace during the President Somoza government and learn about the Nicaraguan Revolution and its effects. Discover the history of Managua's downtown and the new tourist center of the city on the shores of Xolotlan Lake.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bilingual certified guide during the tour
- Entrances to mentioned sites
- Entry/Admission - Loma de Tiscapa
- Entry/Admission - Parque Central
- Entry/Admission - Puerto Salvador Allende
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Cocina de Doña Haydée
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Loma de Tiscapa, Managua Nicaragua
We ascend n vehicle to a hill in Managua where the former presidential house was located but destroyed by 2 earthquakes. The site is in ruins and tells the story of the Somoza family dynasty as well as the revolutionary Sandino.
Form here, you get a panoramic view of the city of Managua
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Parque Central, Avenida Simon Bolivar, Managua Nicaragua
We stop at the Central Park of Managua. At the park, we discover secrets hidden in the architecture as well as some statues in remembrance of Nicaragua´s historic characters. Also, we learn about the main surrounding buildings with external visits to the National Palace and the beautiful Old Cathedral. Both buildings impress visitors with remarking dates.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Puerto Salvador Allende - El Malecon, Managua Nicaragua
We visit either "Salvador Allende" or "Paseo Xolotlán" on the shores of Xolotlan Lake. Here, we found the house-museum of our famous poet Rubén Darío and of Sandino. Also, we get to walk into a mini replica of the "Old Managua". The place is colorful and peaceful, ideal to see the locals in their way of living.
Enjoy a quiet time admiring the lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cocina de Doña Haydée, Carretera a Masaya km. 4 ½, No. 1, 71 Paseo de la Unión Europea, Managua 14034, Nicaragua
We stop at a famous restaurant of Managua so you can try some of Nicaragua´s traditional dishes with folklore music and waiters wearing folklore clothing. Meals are at your own expense.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our representative will pick you up your hotel in Managua, please present your ID and tour voucher
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- It is under your responsibility to comply with Nicaragua´s airport entrance COVID requirements. Some tourist sites mentioned may be closed due to COVID restrictions.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.