Private Luxor Day Trip From Marsa Alam
Discover the archaeological treasures of Luxor on this private day trip from Marsa Alam. Traveling by private air-conditioned car, head for Luxor and explore the headline tombs and sites with a qualified Egyptologist guide. Visit the incredible Valley of the Kings, see the Temple of Hatshepsut and Colossi of Memnon, and marvel at the epic columns and courts of Karnak Temple. Also enjoy a felucca ride on the Nile with lunch on a Nile island.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
- Services of a qualified Egyptologist guide in Luxor
- Approx. 30-minute felucca ride
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari
- Entry/Admission - Valley of the Kings
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Karnak
- Entry/Admission - Colossi of Memnon
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Start your private tour in the early morning with a pickup from your centrally located Marsa Alam hotel. Then, sit back in your private air-conditioned car and enjoy the desert scenery as you travel inland to Luxor. After a roughly 3.5-hour journey, arrive in this bustling city and set out on your tour. As you travel, learn from your qualified Egyptologist guide how Luxor occupies the former site of Thebes, the ancient capital of Egypt’s New Kingdom. Discover, too, how the modern city lines the east bank of the Nile River, facing the Valley of the Kings on the west bank.
Start your explorations at this age-old necropolis, where 63 New Kingdom royal tombs from the 2nd century BC riddle the mountains. Listen to your guide as they explain how and why the tombs were built, and then visit three on your own — guides are not permitted to accompany you — to delve into the richly decorated corridors and anterooms. If time allows and you wish to visit the tomb of Tutankhamen, you will need to purchase a separate ticket. Afterwards, meet back up with your guide and head for the Temple of Hatshepsut. After a photo stop at the two statues of the Colossi of Memnon, continue to an island on the Nile and enjoy a typically Egyptian lunch.
Duly refreshed, make tracks to Karnak Temple, a vast religious complex built between 2055 BC and 100 BC. Rising imperiously from the east bank, this awe-inspiring temple contains three inner temples dedicated to the gods Amun, Mut and Khonsu. Follow the Avenue of the Sphinxes inside and marvel at the Great Hypostyle Hall, with its forest of 134 huge columns. See the chambers, kiosks and man-made Sacred Lake and hear from your guide how the different temples and structures were used. During your time in Luxor, enjoy a roughly 30-minute cruise on a felucca, gliding along the Nile River past peaceful palm groves, fields and mountains.
With your visit over, head back to Marsa Alam in your private car, and end your tour with a drop-off at your hotel in the evening.
Departure Point :Marsa Alam, Marsa Alam, Red Sea and Sinai
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.