Private Lima Walking Tour
Discover the original city of Lima on this authentic half-day walking tour. Enjoy the beauty of the Historical Center of Lima, Visit "The Main Square", Archbishop's Palace and the Municipal Palace, other great places you will visit are: , the Train Station Palace, the "Cordano Bar", Jirón del Union Pathway, First Photoshop Palace in south america, Historical Rimac Bridge and lovely surrounded wooden Balconies.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off ( by foot)
- Professional Tour guide ( CERTIFICATED
- Alcoholic drink (Pisco sour, peruvian beer or chicha de jora)or non-alcoholic drink (Chicha morada or InkaKola)
- PRIVATE tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Extra Personal expenses during the Tour.
- Airport or hotel pickup (USD.15.00 per person)
- Airport or hotel Drop Off (USD.15.00 per person)
- Port pickup ( USD.15.00 per person)
- Port drop off ( USD.15.00 per person)
- We pick you up from your hotel ( Selected hotels in Lima Center) , then go to The Historical Centre of Lima to start our tour at San Martin square and visit The Bolivar Hotel, which is the oldest hotel in Lima.
Walk trough Jiron de la Union, the pedestrian street where there are many shops, old buildings and chicken restaurants. We will also visit The Virgin of Merci Church from the beginning of the 17th century, one of the oldest "Torre Tagle" houses where you will see the most beautiful balcony in Lima, Saint Peter's church which was built in the 17th century and our National library. The church is still an important spiritual center for many Limenos.
Explore the stalls of the central market that is really popular for people from Lima and you will learn about different kinds of meat like beef, chicken, goat and fish, as well as see fruits and others. You will also see different kinds of olives, cheeses, exotic fruits, typical drinks and fresh juices. You could also try the Inca's beverage "Chicha de Jora" which is fermented for a few months. Later visit the China town where you will find your chinese horoscope and enjoy this culture.
Take a walk to visit the main square of Lima. This is the perfect place to hear about the history of Lima and enjoy the Cathedral, The Government Palace where you can enjoy the change of the guard, the City Hall of Lima and the Archbishop's Palace. (In this place we can visit the Museum of the Cathedral in case you would like to see Pizarro's remains).
After that, we are going to the first bar of Lima to grab a local drink and discuss the Peruvian lyfestyle. Later, we are going to the Saint Francis Monastery which was built in the 17th century. (In case you choose this museum to visit, we are going to explore this beautiful monastery and see a lot of bones in the catacombs which was the first public cemetery).
Finally, we will visit the Park of the City Wall where you will learn the story of the pirates and enjoy a nice view of the colorful houses of the Rimac district which looks like the Favelas in Brazil.
This walking tour finishes in the Main Square of Lima. So your guide can assist you in getting back to your hotel or your guide can recommend a great restaurant for you to try delicious typical food, then you can continue your own personal exploration.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a PRIVATE TOUR for only you and your party.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Airport or port pickup requires an additional fee
- Please advise preferred departure time at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.