Private Langka Temple Meditation Tour in Phnom Penh
Wat Langka is one of oldest pagodas in Phnom Penh founded in 1442. It was established as a sanctuary for the Holy Writings and a meeting place for Cambodian and Sri Lankan monks. The Pagoda was named in honour of these meetings. The temple still plays an important role in Cambodian Buddhism and many of the monks here are highly regarded teachers.
We begin the tour of the temple and grounds The centre piece of this tour is a mediation class conducted by a resident monk. This is a great way to clear your mind and reconnect with your inner self. After we head to a local vegetarian restaurant for a unique Khmer take on vegan or vegeatrian cuisine.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Vegetarian Dinner
- Private Guide
- Tranport of your choice and driver
- Offering at Langka Temple
- Temple tour
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Additional Donations
- After your hotel pickup, depending on your hotel location it will take about a ten minute drive from the Riverside tourist precinct, where you will enjoy the sights and sounds of bustling Phnom Penh while travelling to Langka Pagoda. Langka Pagoda was used as a storehouse during the Khmer Rouge era and therefore managed to avoid total destruction.
The temple still plays an important role in Cambodian Buddhism and many of the monks here are highly regarded teachers. Your guide will take you through Wat Langka with its magnificent architecture and stunning sculptures and art works. This will be followed on by a 1 hour meditation conducted by the resident monks. This experience will allow you to clear your mind and is a great way to unwind and reconnect with your inner self.
At the completion of the visit to Wat Langka we will enjoy dinner at a local Khmer Vegetarian Restaurant to enjoy the Cambodian approach to vegan or vegetarian cooking.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: From your Hotel, Guesthouse or GCT officeDates: Monday Thursday Saturday 5pm Sunday 7.30 amReturn point: Returns to original departure point.
Departure Time :5pm Monday Thursday and Saturday
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and due to the nature of the tour the minimum age is 12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.