Private Kayaking Tour of Vienna
If you're searching for something truly different then let us take you to a relaxing undiscovered side arm of the Danube for a private kayak tour. We paddle entirely at your pace, in either single or double kayaks according to your preference. You'll be guided throughout by a certified open-water lifeguard (trained by the Royal Life Saving Society - UK), so whether you choose a morning, afternoon or sunset paddle, there's simply no better way to escape summer in the city than by joining us on the water.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayak, PFD/lifevest, dry storage equipment
- Guided by an open-water lifesaver & native english speaker with live commentary
- Engaging & intelligent guide offering free photo service & insider tips on things to do in Vienna
- Sightseeing at various lakeside spots around the Old Danube
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alte Donau, Vienna 1220 Austria
We'll take a gentle paddle around the famous Old Danube, where those in the know relax during the hot Viennese summers. The Alte Donau (as it is known in German) is akin to a watery village, and aside from the nearby United Nations and some beautifully designed contemporary skyscrapers, you wouldn't realise you're still in the city. In parts, the lake is surrounded by quaint, multi-coloured lakeshore huts and houses, as well as plentiful pontoons to paddle up to for a swim and a rest. If you choose an evening tour you may even be lucky enough to spot one of the nocturnal beavers that call this place home! This is your tour, so we'll paddle just as fast or as slow as you like. Naturally, we'll have some points of interest at hand, but if you'd prefer to just do your own thing with your guide merely acting as your personal lifesaver should you need him, then rest assured, you can do that too!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Kaisermühlen - VIC, 1220 Vienna, Austria
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All participants must be able to swim
- To wear: swimming gear/quick drying sportswear, t-shirt, hat, spare dry layers & rain jacket (for windier conditions & light rain), flip flops/water shoes.
- To bring: drinking water, sun cream, towel.
- You will inevitably get a bit wet so pay attention to the weather forecast on the day of your excursion and dress accordingly!
- Please go to the Venture Vienna website to read our FAQ and to learn more
- Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.