Private Karak Visit Kings Highway Tour from Amman
Public transport in Jordan is limited, so an independent side trip to Karak Castle from Amman means negotiating with private drivers. This private full-day tour to Karak eliminates this hassle and uncertainty: letting you pre book a trip to this Crusader-built, 12th-century castle. Travel the King’s Highway by private air-conditioned leisure vehicle and your own English-Speaking Driver. You can choose to tour alone or hire a local guide (at your own expense) to appreciate the history and panoramic views.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop -off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Entrance Fees to Karak Castle
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Kerak de Moab Castle
What's excluded :
- Local guide where not mentioned
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver, Guide, and Horse Boy) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kerak, Jordan
Depart from Amman hotel with your own private leisure vehicle and English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide through the Kings highway to visit the city of Karak and its fortress built between 1110 and 1143 A.D. during the Crusades, and was considered the biggest fortress in the Levant, which was then taken by Saladin. From there you will admire great panoramic views. Karak City is set on a triangular plateau that rises 900 meters above sea level, surrounded by ancient walls forming the old city, and its castle form the South Summit of this city, it was built by the Crusaders after they took the city.
Stop At: Kerak de Moab Castle, Kerak Al-Karak Governorate Jordan
During the Byzantine era Karak was a station for the Archbishop and it held the Nazareth Church, which was revered by the people at that time. Karak city reached its historical peak, during the Crusaders period when it was named the Desert Jewel. Karak Castle was before the occupation of the Crusaders under Muslim rule for a long period. After the Crusaders rule and in the year of 1183 A.D. Saladin sieged Karak Castle, but it didn't surrender until 1189 A.D., and shortly after that the Crusaders were expelled from there. Even during the Mamluks and the Ottoman period, the castle was used as a fortress, and there were several extensions. However, it was abandoned after the First World War. Now Karak is an important Medieval Castle not to be missed when you are in Jordan!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Karak, Karak, Karak Governorate
Upgrade your tour with an poptional visit to the Islamic shrines of Prophet Noah, Zaid ibn Ali ibn Al-Hussein, Dawud, and tombs of Jaafar bin Abi Taleb known as Jaafar el Tayyer Zaid bin Haritha, and Abdullah bin rawahah for an engaging spiritual experience.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.