Private Kandy Tour by Air-Conditioned Car: Do it All in One Day
Enjoy a private tour of Kandy by an air-conditioned car. On this 11-hour excursion, you will visit some of Kandy's must-see attractions including the tea plantation in Giragama, the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya, the Bahirawakanda Temple and Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic. Cap it off with a cultural show featuring traditional Sri Lankan costume and dance.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an Air conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue
What's excluded :
- Get picked up from your hotel in Kandy at 7am and travel by an air-conditioned car to Giragama, approximately 40 minutes away. On arrival at Giragama, you will visit a tea plantation 1,673 feet (510 meters) above sea level. Tea was first planted in Sri Lanka in 1824 at the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya, when a few plants were brought from China. Your will spend an hour exploring the the plantation and factory before leaving climbing back into your vehicle and heading to Peradeniya, approximately 30 minutes away
The Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya is renowned for its variety of orchids. Spend 45 minutes strolling around the gardens, which have more than 4,000 species of plants, including of spices, medicinal plants and palm trees.
The next stop on the tour is a gem lapidary and wood-carving center. Some of Sri Lanka's most sought-after items are precious and semi-precious gemstones such as moonstones, cat’s eyes, tourmalines, garnets, blue sapphires and red rubies. You will see all of these and more at the gem museum and gem outlet.
At 12:30pm the tour breaks for a one-hour lunch at Oak Ray Regency Restaurant before heading to Bahirawakanda temple, whose 80-foot (24-meter) high Buddha statue can be seen from everywhere in Kandy city. The temple was built on the Bahirawa Kanda or Gnome Mountain, which is the subject of many legends about the sacrifice of beautiful virgins.
Continue to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, a 17th-century temple within the Royal Palace grounds which is believed to house the left upper canine of the Lord Buddha himself. Every day this precious relic attracts white-clad pilgrims bearing lotus blossoms and frangipani.
After an hour at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth, enjoy the scenic views of Bogambara Lake as you drive to Kandy center for a 45-minute cultural show. The vibrant show tells the story of Sri Lanka's culture and history through traditional dance and costumes.
At 6:30pm, You will be dropped off at your hotel, where the tour ends.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Kandy
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.