Private Jewish Budapest Tour with a Jewish Tour Guide from a Holocaust Survival Family
Budapest Jewish Tour shows you great Synagogues of the third biggest Jewish community of Europe. Visiting the Dohány Temple Great Synagogue, the Orthodox Synagogue and walk in the Budapest Jewish Quarter. What does it mean to be Jewish in Hungary today? Learn about everyday life in Jewish Hungary, the terrible story of the Hungarian Holocaust, survival and revival, past and present of Jewish people in Hungary.
When you book, please, include the time you want to start the tour and your guide will meet you there.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private walking tour with professional guide
- Explanations in English
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Minibus, car, bus, or bicycle rental, public transport
- Tickets and any entrance fees
- Visit the "Jewish triangle" in Budapest: the 19th century Jewish quarter with 3 Synagogues. The Great Budapest "Dohány Street" Synagogue is the third biggest Synagogue in the world! Inside visit includes the Synagogue building, the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Garden and Jewish Cemetery, the Museum on Jewish artifacts and on the tragedy of the Holocaust, the moving monument of the Tree of Life, foundation of Tony Curtis. Stories of Jewish Festivals, traditions and celebrations of everyday life are illustrated by amazing artifacts in the Jewish Museum.
After a small rest in the best kosher pastry shop, our walk in the Budapest Jewish quarter takes us to two other synagogues, art dealers, and the longest courtyard lane in Hungary. Passing a new feature of the Budapest Jewish Quarter: the Ruin Bars.
The Orthodox Synagogue offers just as much beauty as the big one, but is very little known, even by locals.
Learn why and how young Hungarian Jews are searching for their identity and antisemitism over time. See the living Jewish memorial, and you will see the protest of everyday people who don’t let any more pages be torn out of the Book of Hungarian History. If time allows, go down to the Shoes Holocaust Memorial, where many Budapest Jewish families were saved. Explore what it is like being Jewish in Hungary today.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at 10.00. Guide will be at your hotel. If you want another time, give us your selected start time between. 9.00 am and 2.00 pm, guide will.be there.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This is a walking and public transport tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.