Private Jerash and Amman City Tour
Witness the classical antiquities of Amman and Jerash on this 7-hour private tour. Traveling between the sites with your driver in an air-conditioned vehicle. Visit the sun-burnished ancient ruins of Amman Citadel, see the city’s stellar Roman amphitheater, a 6,000-seater stadium from the 2nd century. Drive to the spectacular ruins of Jerash, one of the Middle East’s best-preserved Roman cities. Stroll around the semi-crumbled temples, fountains, column-ringed Oval Plaza and other relics as your driver tells fascinating stories of the city, once a prosperous outpost of the Roman Empire. At the ticket office you always have an option to have a guide with you (additional fee) or you can walk around each location on your own using your guide book.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle by an English speaking driver
What's excluded :
- Entry Fees to Sites ( If Selected )
- Local Guide at Sites ( If Selected )
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - The Citadel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Be picked up from your hotel and drive 50 km in the north to Jerash to visit the well-preserved city of the Roman Empire often called the Pompeii of the East. Initially built by Alexander the Great, the town started to prosper after the Roman conquest, and was one of the Decapolis cities in northern Jordan. Visit Hadrian's Arch, built-in 130 A.D. to honor the visit of Emperor Hadrian. Pass by the Hippodrome offering space for 15,000 spectators in the impressive Forum. Continue to the Temple of Artemis, which has columns 12 meters high and each drum weights 20-40 tons. Other highlights are the Colonnaded Street and the Nymphaeum.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Citadel, K. Ali Ben Al-Hussein St. 146, Amman Jordan
Back in Amman visit the Citadel hill with the remains of the Hercules Temple and the Umayyad Palace as well as the Archaeological Museum. Next, go downtown to see the large Roman Theater from the 2nd century and the traditional souks. You will be returned by transfer to the Amman hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any Area in Amman
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.