Private Irpinia Wine Tour from Positano, Amalfi or Ravello with Sommelier
Discover the outstanding wine of Campania’s Irpinia region on a private full-day day tour from the Amalfi Coast. Leave Positano, Amalfi or Ravello in the company of an expert sommelier who will introduce you to the fine wine of this rugged region. Visit two esteemed wineries, where you'll stroll through vineyards and explore ancient cellars, learning about winemaking as you go. Then, take part in two tutored tastings and savor the unique aromas and flavors of six different types of wine. Receive undivided attention from your private sommelier-guide.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide (expert sommelier)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Wine tasting (6 glasses of wine)
- Bottled water
- Free WiFi
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Meet your guide in the morning in Positano, Amalfi or Ravello, and relax on the scenic drive out to Irpinia, a fertile wine region in the Apennine Mountains.
As you travel in a comfortable minivan, listen to your knowledgeable guide — who is also an expert sommelier — reveal more about the area and its indigenous grape varieties and winemaking heritage, which can be traced back to Roman times. After around 1.5 hours, arrive in Taurasi, a region famous for its eponymous full-bodied red wine.
Trek through the vineyards of a renowned estate and see grapes growing on the vine. Then, head inside the winery to treat your palate to some of the best wine in the region, including one or more of the region’s prestigious DOCG (Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita) status wines: fiano di avellino, greco di tufo and Taurasi. As you sample the wine, take tips from your sommelier-guide on how to pick out the nuanced tones and flavors.
After, continue on to the tiny village of Montemiletto, where you can stop for lunch if you wish (own expense). Then, move on to another acclaimed winery, located in the picturesque Italian village of Sorbo Serpico. Stroll around the vineyards and cellars, learning about the practicalities of wine production. Finish off with another tasting session, during which you’ll sample three more wines.
Depart in the afternoon and journey back to the Amalfi coast. Your tour concludes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Departure Point :1: 84017 Positano, SA, Italy
2: 84011 Amalfi, SA, Italy
3: 84010 Ravello, SA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any hotels in Positano, Amalfi or Ravello.Airports
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
- Salerno Costa d'Amalfi Airport, Via Olmo, snc, 84092 Bellizzi SA, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.