Private Interesting Cu Chi Tunnels and My Tho - Mekong Delta tours from Saigon
Within one short day, this tour brings you over a distance of nearly 300km, to the two most contrast but equally interesting sites near Saigon. One site is the Cu Chi tunnel system which experienced one of the most destructive wars in the history of mankind. The other site is the pleasant Mekong delta in My Tho with exuberant orchards and rice fields. After sweating yourself out from going into the underground tunnels which are stuffy and hot, you can relax yourself on a boat ride on the Mighty Mekong river and numerous small canals in pleasant breezes.
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Cold bottles of water and towels on vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- 07:00 Meet the guide at your hotel in Saigon. Transfer to visit the Cu Chi tunnels which show the most meticulous war techniques and strategies of Vietnamese guerrillas during the Vietnam War against American troops.
08:30 Arrival at the tunnels area, visit the tunnels for 2 hours. You will be surprised to observe different structures of the tunnel system such as fighting bunkers, booby traps, storage rooms, meting rooms, health bunker, special kitchen, secret ventilation holes etc and how they functioned effectively in the war. You will taste typical guerilla food and drink: boiled tapioca served with mixture of salt and peanut and green tea with pandan flavor.
10:30 Continue to My Tho city in the Mekong Delta, driving past rubber plantations, rice fields, villages, and tributaries.
13:00 Have lunch at a local restaurant with Mekong Delta specialties.
14:30 Arrival in My Tho city, take a wonderful boat ride for 3 hours on the Mekong River with a stop at the Thoi Son island to taste delicious tropical fruits and enjoy traditional folk songs.
Enjoy a lovely sampan ride through palm shading canals.
Continue on the boat ride through small Tan Thach canal into Ben Tre province, the land of coconut trees. This boat ride really brings you great feelings of real tropics. Visit Hong Van garden where you will learn how they make typical coconut candies. Taste this nice sweet and drink a great mixture of green tea – honey – lime. There is also a chance to buy local products for home.
17:00 Transfer back to Saigon
18:30 Drop off at hotel in Saigon
End of tour.
Departure Point :Centrally located hotels
Departure Time :
Return Detail :Return to original departure position
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.