Private In-Home Vegetarian Cooking Class and Meal in Chennai
Join Srividya in the kitchen for a private cooking class to learn to make two to three dishes from scratch. She will teach you about a variety of South Indian culinary traditions as you cook and eat together. You will sense her pride as she shares interesting anecdotes and stories that highlight the traditions and science behind the foods you will enjoy at her table. Srividya offers vegetarian food only.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch or Dinner
- Bottled water
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Local Host
- Private cooking class with your host Srividya
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet Srividya at her apartment in the T Nagar neighborhood of Chennai. Your culinary experience begins with a hands-on cooking lesson in her kitchen where you will learn to cook 2-3 dishes. South India has an immense culinary heritage and the range of dishes you taste at Srividya's table reflect this bounty. Your meal will showcase the diversity and unique dishes from a range of cuisines, like Mudaliar and Tamilian Brahmin cooking.
Srividya worked for many years in the luxury hotel industry and relishes the opportunity to introduce her guests to South India's cultural and culinary traditions. She lives in a cozy, immaculately clean apartment with her husband, mother, and two children, all of whom are self-described foodies who love to cook together as a family. She delights in preparing fresh, healthy meals using locally grown vegetables and ingredients. She enjoys the balance of a complete meal that has variety in terms of flavors, nutrition, pace, texture, and digestion. You will sense her pride as she shares interesting anecdotes and stories that highlight the traditions and science behind the foods you will enjoy at her table.
A meal in Srividya’s home presents a taste of Tamil Nadu served on a vibrant banana leaf (when seasonably available). You can expect to taste seasonal dishes such as vegetable curries, fish curry, dosas (South Indian-style crispy crepes), pillowy idlis (fluffy, savory cakes), kozhukattai (South Indian dumplings) made from a variety of flour, tamarind rice or curd rice, and her homemade mango pickle.
Please note, this is not a professional cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into an authentic, local home to meet a local person and share the culture and cuisine together.
Departure Point :Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.