Private Hong Kong: Kowloon Night Street Food Tour
Become an expert in Cantonese cuisine on a Hong Kong food tour that explores Kowloon’s most authentic restaurants, markets and food stalls. Led by an expert guide, you’ll venture far from the tourist haunts to eat at local gems in Hong Kong’s working-class Jordan district. Learn about the history and traditions of Chinese food as you dig into delicious dishes while seated next to the locals in eateries where the surroundings are basic and the food sublime. The menu is up to you, so you can try as much or as little as you like.
This small-group tour has a limited number of participants, ensuring that you’ll have the guide’s full attention.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei, Jordan / Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
Make your own way to Yau Ma Tei MTR Station and meet your guide at Exit A1. After introductions, follow your guide through the bustling streets of Kowloon, where you first visit an open-air produce and fruit market. Here you can see the ingredients that go into local dishes before you taste the food in its final form.
Stop At: Kowloon City, Kowloon, Hong Kong China
Next, your guide leads you through the district, a working-class area renowned for its inexpensive restaurants and food stalls where you eat and drink like the locals: in family-run greasy spoons and busy food courts. Sit elbow-to-elbow with other patrons and learn how to order in Cantonese as you dive into the city’s authentic, no-nonsense culinary scene.
Stop At: Temple Street Night Market, Kansu Street and Jordan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong China
Take in numerous small restaurants near the Temple Street Night Market. Taste favorite snacks, main courses and desserts, some sweet and others savory. Throughout the 3-hour tour, your guide shares informative commentary about food in Hong Kong, a city which has one of the world’s highest concentrations of cafés and restaurants per capita.
Stop At: Sincere Store (Mongkok), Base floor, UG - 3rd floor, King Wah Centre, Mongkok, Hong Kong China
This tour does not include food costs; instead it offers a less expensive tour with the ability to choose what to purchase and eat, without spending money on a set menu that may not appeal to you. It’s up to you how much to eat and whether you feel adventurous or prefer to stay more on the safe side. If you have any food allergies or aversions, your guide can help you select suitable dishes.
Stop At: Kowloon Park, 22 Austin Rd., Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong China
After the food and drinks, you have the option to take an after-dinner stroll in tranquil Kowloon Park, an urban oasis for the densely populated peninsula.
Stop At: Victoria Harbour, Central and Western District, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong 999077 China
Your guide points out local dive bars and glamorous rooftop lounges with views of Victoria Harbour.
Departure Point :Yau Ma Tei Station, Nathan Rd, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Tsim Sha Tsui Station, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour is subject to weather; if there are rainstorm, thunderstorms, or typhoon warnings issued by the Hong Kong Observatory (www.hko.gov.hk) , please contact the local team Hong Kong Urban Adventures to discuss arrangements.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.