Private Historical Walking Tour of Hong Kong
You may have been to Hong Kong before but do you know the story of how it came to be? Why was Hong Kong colonized by the British? Why was it handed back to China? What will become of it in 2047, when the ’no change for 50 years’ promise by Beijing runs out? Join this private Hong Kong tour to walk the streets with a local guide who can answer all those questions and more.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Expert commentary
- Local English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- One-time British outpost and now a proud member of the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong has had a long and fascinating history. The history of the last century for both Hong Kong and China is mapped out in its streets for those who know where to look.
This tour begins at Sheung Wan, specifically at Possession Point, where the British proclaimed Hong Kong to be part of their empire. It finishes at the Tamar Government Complex in Admiralty, once a dockyard of the Royal British Navy and now the headquarters of China’s Hong Kong Special Administrative Regional Government.
While this 3.5 hours tour is about the history of Hong Kong, we will also talk about what’s going on now for and where it is heading to in the future. You’re sure to finish this tour with a unique insight and understanding of Hong Kong that will enhance the rest of your stay here.
Departure Point :Sheung Wan Station, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Admiralty MTR Station, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.