Private Historical Athens City Tour with Local Expert
Take this private taxi tour and explore all postcard-famous Athens tourist spots in just a half of a day. Travel back in ancient times and be awed by the Acropolis, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Herod Atticus Odeon, and Panathenaic Stadium, and then tune into the beat of the modern life at city central square. Maximize your time in this beautiful city, choose departure time based on your schedule, and enjoy a comfortable drive.
· Visit all top cultural sights of Athens on a tight schedule
· Get insights on Greek history and culture from your friendly driver-guide
· Take pictures of the Acropolis, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Herod Atticus Odeon and Panathenaic Stadium
· Optional departure times and locations available
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Iconic places for photoshoot
- Knowledgable Driver
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle or taxi
- Must see and off the beaten path
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Airport pickup and drop-off (Additional 45,00€ Taxi or 75,00€ Minivan per ride)
- Official Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Entry/Admission - Panathenaic Stadium
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel or the city center. On your way to the main symbol of Athens, the Acropolis you will learn about the history laid behind this brilliant architecture masterpiece.
You will stop at the site and wander around the ancient monuments and marble pillars of the majestic Parthenon as long as you wish. You will admire the breathtaking view offered by the Acropolis and take memorable photos of it.
After you’ve decided to continue your journey around the treasures of Greece culture, your driver will take you to the Herod Atticus Odeon. You will pass by the Hellenic Parliament and take a glance at the modern side of Athens.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
You will stop at the Temple of Olympian Zeus, walk through the remnants of its pillars and monuments and soak in a tragic, but epic history of Greece. On the way you will pop in the Panathenaic Stadium, the only stadium in the world built entirely out of marble.
In the end, you will drive to the heart of the city Syntagma Square, where you will explore the vibrant pace of the present life of Athens.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
The Acropolis is a globally recognized symbol of Athens. It is the largest ancient temple complex, located at 156 meters above sea level, that offers a stunning and sweeping panoramic view of the city.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Pass By: Hellenic Parliament, Parliament Mansion, Athens GR-10021 Greece
The Hellenic Parliament is the parliament of Greece, located in a neoclassical three-story building, also known as the Old Royal Palace. In the forecourt of the palace, you can see another city landmark, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, guarded by the Evzones, an elite regiment in an authentic traditional uniform.
Pass By: Herod Atticus Odeon, Dionissiou Areopagitou, Athens Greece
Herod Atticus Odeon is an open-air stone theater located at the foot of the Acropolis in Athens. Although it was built in 161 AD, the theater still fascinates with its tremendous scale and serves the main venue for important cultural events.
Stop At: Temple of Olympian Zeus, Leoforos Vasilissis Olgas Leoforos Amalias, Athens 105 57 Greece
It is a remarkable, awe-inspiring historical site where the remnants of the Temple of Olympian Zeus nestled. In ancient times a colossal statue of Olympian Zeus stood inside the temple, which was considered one of the seven wonders of the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Panathenaic Stadium, Vassileos Konstantinou Avenue opposite the statue of Myron Discobolus, Athens 116 35 Greece
The Panathenaic Stadium hosted the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. It is the only stadium in the world built entirely out of marble. Hundreds of famous musicians such as R.E.M., Jose Carreras, Depeche Mode, etc. gave their concerts at the Panathinaikos Arena.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Plateia Syntagmatos, Leoforos Vassilissis Amalias, Athens 105 63 Greece
Syntagma Square or Constitution Square is a center of the city, an important site of Athens politics and history. This square is a transport hub, general hang-out spot, and the epicenter for any demonstrations or strikes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please advice your pickup time the moment of booking.Ports
- Athens Piraeus Port, Pireas 185 37, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.