Private Hiking Day Trip to Mt. Longonot from Nairobi
This private 9-hours hiking trip to Mt Longonot National Park, located around 45 miles (73 km) from Nairobi city on the floor of the Great Rift Valley, has the best sightseeing opportunities and one can look inside the mountain crater. The Mount Longonot national park is a popular park for hiking and mountain climbing that takes less than 3-4 hours to climb up and down. There is a lot of wildlife to see as you hike and the eye catching view of the rift valley escarpments.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pickup and drop off to your hotel or residence within Nairobi CBD
- Park entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Lake Naivasha
- Entry/Admission - Mount Longonot National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch (available to purchase)
- Boat ride fees in Lake Naivasha (25USD per person)
- Pickup and drop off to the airport at 20 USD.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Naivasha, Naivasha Road Nakuru County Kenya
Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha
Go on an hour boat ride in this wonderful rift valley lake. The boat ride will take you to see the hundreds of birds in this lake including the diving African fish eagle which dives in the water to catch fish without ever missing. You will also go to the hippo pool and see the hippos as they swim and bleat inside the water while opening their mouths to over 180 degrees.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Mount Longonot National Park, Naivasha road, Maai Mahiu 00200 Kenya
Drop into the rift valley and arrive at the Mt Longonot national park for your Hike up to the crater. The hike requires medium physical fitness and you will climb through the gulleys that dot the sides of this mountain. You can make some rest stops at the designated places on the trek. You will get to the rim of the crater and look into the awesome crater below. If you have the strength for it, you can go round the rim of the crater.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Great Rift Valley, Kenya
Great Rift Valley View Point
You will make a scheduled stop at the view point on the side of the escarpment to enjoy the view of the Rift valley floor from a birds eye view. The rift valley system was formed 5 million years ago and the rift runs from the red sea through Ethiopia and Kenya and Tanzania. The rift valley is an active volcanic area and has some of the most interesting features including more than 8 lakes, dormant and active volcanic mountains and hotsprings and geysers
You can actually see the volcanic Mt Suswa from this high place with their evergreen craters and the undulating green rift valley floor. The view from here is just amazing. Make sure to take as many photos from here as you can.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel around NairobiApartmentsVillas Note: airport pick up to your hotel you will be charge an extra USD 20 (pay on arrival)
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.